Gordon Wealth

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by GoalBF, 1st Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. GoalBF

GoalBF Member

Has anybody dealt with Gordon Wealth in Sydney?

Received a phone call from them today and saying somethings like I am eligible for some government mortgage and super incentives and can reduce my tax payment and pay off my mortgage a lot sooner - like in 5 years; and also saying they are the top 3 wealth management company etc. As I don't trust them and I asked them to provide me some examples, and they said if I do a salary sacrifice for $200 into my super and I can get $190 back from the government etc.and they would like to set up a 30 mins meeting at my place after work.

This isn't the first time I received a phone call like this (from a different company), they actually know my address, phone number and company email address, and they said the 30 mins meeting is funded by the bank? strange

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Do they have an AFSL?

3. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

Funded by the bank if you purchase the bank products.

The telemarketing companies these days have an amazing amount of data they can access on a person. I sat on the board of a charity and the telemarketers were able to give us the name, number and address of people who contributed to a charity with a similar cause in the last 12 months.

Colin Rice likes this.
  4. GoalBF

GoalBF Member

I don't think they have an AFSL but their partner - Sure Worth Financial Pty Ltd as per their website.

When they mentioned to pay off home loan in 5 years, first thing came to my mind was one of the "expert" I met in a peoperty expo a few years back in Sydney, where he advised his audiences to buy an investment property and use the rent to pay off home loan and capitalise interest on the investment loan and then sale the investment property after 5 or 10 years - as the peoperty value will double every 10 years. This was prohibited by ATO back then.

5. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

In that case they may need to be registered as tax agents or solicitors if they are giving tax advice

6. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Sounds to me like spruikers in disguise.

mrdobalina likes this.
  7. datto

datto Well-Known Member

They rang me a while back. I started giving them my life story and the caller hung up on me.

8. GoalBF

GoalBF Member

Check below video by one of their company's co-funder Angela An to promote her previous business - VA Group Deals in 2012, so funny - up to 50% of market price for properties and cars

9. GoalBF

GoalBF Member

"Long Vu" uploaded the video in 2012 - the director of Gordon Wealth also named Long Vu

10. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

Why is it that financial freedom is always demonstrated by a woman on a beach with her hands up?

11. Smiles907

Smiles907 New Member

We have been burnt by them also.
    Promise you the world and put ALOT of pressure on you to sign.
    Assured us this will be what makes our financial future! In fact we are now enquiring about bankruptcy. The property in 6 months has gone DOWN $50K in value. Rent has dropped by $49 per week in 6 months. Neglected to tell us there were several other 200 unit properties being built across the road hence the drop in price and inability to rent/rent reduction.
    We are mortgaged well beyond our ability to pay back, put so much pressure on us they are like car salesman. Promised so much and took advantage of us as first time investors.
    Pm me for details there is a lot more to the story l!

All I can say is stay away!!! Far far away and

Last edited by a moderator: 12th Jun, 2018

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.