Google is looking for a new Australian headquarter.... could it be Ryde?

Discussion in 'Commercial Property' started by Gockie, 24th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

At least part of the reason that the consolidation towards the city works for CBA is that this organisation has a lot of other staff in offices nearby so it's easier for staff to collaborate between campuses. Parramatta is more convenient for many existing staff, but if they have to move (and they will), at least they have been given a lot of notice (including my team).

Ps. I worked in Macquarie Park before... Yep, I have to agree.... It's a pain in the butt if you drive it.

2. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

Yeah travelling between CBA offices takes ages, even with all the free CBA buses between those offices. It just uses so much time of the day.

For me though I am still surprised that they will close Parramatta offices, especially that they are not interested in the Parramatta Square, since it is next to Parramatta station which would make it easier to catch trains directly to city offices.

Not surprised with them closing SOP though. Painful to get to and painfully expensive parking.

3. XBenX

XBenX Well-Known Member

I mean the Top100 advertisers in Au.

4. XBenX

XBenX Well-Known Member

Google has direct relationships with large clients, all of the big media owners do.