QLD Good value property in Brisbane?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Kenrigby, 6th Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kenrigby

Kenrigby New Member

My wife and I have been renting in Greenslopes for the last 12 months and are ready to buy. We are have been looking at suburbs around this area but a little bit further out to get more for our money. Our budget is around $700-$800k. This property has caught our eye: 115 Blackwood Avenue Morningside Qld 4170 115 Blackwood Avenue, Morningside, Qld 4170

It got passed in at auction with a max bid of $750k. What do you guys think? Is it a good buy? Are there better areas or houses we should consider?

2. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Nice property and good area. What does the agent say?

Shazi and Kenrigby like this.
  3. Kenrigby

Kenrigby New Member

Thanks mate! Agent didn't give away too much information but I got the vibe that we could get it for a bit more than $750k

Shazi likes this.
  4. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

The only issue which may bother you there is the air traffic. You are right under the flight path and you can actually hear and see the landing gear as the jumbos come in to land.

Kenrigby likes this.
  5. Kenrigby

Kenrigby New Member

That's a good point. We're currently under the flight path and it's not too bad but that Morningside property is closer to the airport and will be louder. I wonder if the new runway opening will mean less frequent noise because it will split the traffic. Thanks for the feedback.

6. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Depending on time of day and wind direction yes, more departures from RWY 19R towards the west/ south west before setting course. It should share the movements more effectively.

7. QldKoolies

QldKoolies Well-Known Member

8. RaoulDuke66

RaoulDuke66 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with other posters. Good area but air traffic noise could be an issue, esp with second runway. You can check this online. In any event, Bulimba, Hawthorne and other blue chips will also be effected so quite hard to avoid in inner Brisbane.