Good statistics and case studies on Airbnb/Stayzs

Discussion in 'Airbnb & Short Term Letting' started by David_Sydney, 1st Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. David_Sydney

David_Sydney Member

Hello,
    looking at a few opportunities in beach side suburbs (North Coast NSW) and/or potentially small units in Manly, Sydney.

While having a fairly good idea what these can get as a regular long-term rental, i find it hard to assess earning potential for short-term letting, especially as current market conditiosn will be highly skewed.
    Also, the demand dynamics and demographics of a beach side house 4h out of Sydney will be very different compared to a unit in Manly. I'm thinking heavy premiums during school holidays, longer term rentals over summer, while Manly will be more for short-term tourists.

Does anyone know of good resources, detailed case studies and statistics to get an idea of the true earning potential throughout the full year?

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

There is historical data but its fairly useless without hands on knowledgeand I question its currency given COVID. You dont know what and how they list it and so many factors that make it desired or not.... Airdna and others.

Google "Airbnb"...location. You will see loads of dots. But all vary. A room, a whole place , 1 bed or 3. etc Can filter by type and map and so much more.

3. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Yeah you can kind of figure it out by looking at listings and look at their blocked out dates (which often are bookings).

That's how I estimated what I would get before doing my own airbnb.