Good real estate agents near Warrawee? advice needed

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Seal, 5th Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Seal

Seal Well-Known Member

Any advice on good real estate agents on upper north shore. My parents place is big and old but will be moving out, and we are either going to reno and lease it, or reno and sell. Most likely the former. the place is old and needs some work - fixing cracks, painting, may be bathrooms, carpet, gardens

We will need good advice on what best to reno for renting (or selling), and honest market appraisal for renting or selling.
    @See Change @Gockie @Simon Hampel @balwoges

2. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

Wahroonga to Roseville was my patch some years ago, been a long time and I wouldn't know who to recommend these days.

Seal likes this.
  3. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

I'm more than happy to recommend trades, in particular I have good contacts for painting (he does cracks too) and carpet. Feel free to PM me.

Last edited: 5th Jun, 2021
    Seal likes this.
  4. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Really hard to get builders to do anything at the moment . We’re trying and they’re all really busy

given the market at the moment , and how strong it is , I’d be selling it AS IS , ASAP .

a while ago we were advised to do a basic reno prior to selling at a time when the market was hot . Spent money and ended up selling for less than if we’d sold it ASAP when the market was hot .

that’s the risk you run at the moment

there’s a lot of people buying old houses and demo / rebuild at the moment .
    If it’s an old house with a good layout and character , some one will throw many 100k’s renovating it the way THEY want it.

Just asked SWMBO and her comment was they’re going to renovate it the way they want it or bulldoze it .

Re individual agents , they’re all ok , though there are always people who will have had a “ bad experience “ ie they’ve been outbid on a house they wanted ...who are happy to bad mouth most agents .

cliff

Last edited: 5th Jun, 2021
  5. Seal

Seal Well-Known Member

thanks Cliff
    B/c of a whole bunch of reasons, we're leaning to leasing it, so will need just a cosmetic reno and maybe bathrooms, to make more rentable

Good idea re selling as is, if we went that way.

i've been hunting round and am going to meet with David Walker of Ray white wahroonga (personal recommendation of someone who sold and bought through him. also google reviews are highest and good).

other person was scot chadwick from his RE business. Any thoughts on them?

6. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

SWMBO said she’s heard David Walker is quite good .

I know Greg Windel at Ray White Turramurra . He is someone I know personally and is someone I’d trust , but we haven’t dealt with him professionally .

Cliff

7. Seal

Seal Well-Known Member

thanks Cliff
    David walkers has said he'd meet us. thanks for info about Greg too (same agency as Dave, and both directors).

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.