NSW Good places to buy in Western Sydney ($700k-$800k)

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Yellowjeep, 7th Mar, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Yellowjeep

Yellowjeep New Member

Hey guys, I have got 2 houses fully paid off in Western sydney (in Kingswood and Caddens both in Penrith) and I am now looking to buy another property for a maximum price of $700k-800k. I have a place to live so I am purely in it to make money and invest (just being honest).

I am looking into the 'less desirable' areas such as mount druitt, st clair, st marys because of the upcoming western Sydney airport and metro.

Any suggestions on good suburbs or general advice is greatly appreciated
    Thanks

2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

You think St Clair is a 'less desirable' area? Wow! I'd be more inclined to think Kingswood is less desirable than St Clair any day of the week.

Surely if you already have two out Penrith way, you'd know a little more about the area. Why not visit yourself and see first hand what different areas are like?

3. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

There is a large thread on St Mary's that touches on surrounding suburbs too. That should steer you In the right direction although I think your budget might be low for freestanding properties in most of the areas you are thinking of.
    Interesting that you think that Caddens is a better area than st Clair. My clients generally head to that part of town when they can't afford what they want or find something suitable in St Clair

skater likes this.
  4. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

My gut feeling is that it's not the best time to be investing in Sydney and particularly if you already have two in Sydney you should try to get something somewhere else.
    Sydney is likely to go down not up in fact it's already starting to drop and potentially has quite a long way to fall. Or worst case scenario it stays flat for a long time.
    But let's say because of some miraculous event which is extremely unlikely to happen Sydney booms, you already have 2 in Sydney so you will still make more money.

No one really knows what's going to happen but people are projecting Sydney will fall.

I think Perth has the most opportunity at the moment.
    If you absolutely want to buy another property in Sydney I would wait until the bottom

Jana likes this.
  5. David_SYD

David_SYD Well-Known Member

I don’t think the poster has said St Clair is less desirable than Caddens. He’s saying it’s a less desirable area of Western Sydney, he just has a property in Caddens.

I would agree that Sydney appears to have peaked now. It was a great run and a lot of people have considerably increased their wealth.

This doesn’t mean you should look elsewhere. You’ve no doubt realised how much money can be made in Sydney. It’s a solid City to underpin investment properties

Yellowjeep likes this.
  6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

He actually did, if you read it back. He said he has bought in Caddens and Kingswood, and now he's looking into the 'less desirable' suburbs. If you have any knowledge of Western Sydney, you would know that St Clair/Erskine Park is more desirable than either Caddens or Kingswood.

7. David_SYD

David_SYD Well-Known Member

It’s just how we are both reading it. Only the poster can confirm.

I have little knowledge of Western Sydney suburbs.

8. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Go read the St Marys thread. Plenty of information in there.

If your adamant of investing in Sydney right now - greater western Sydney is the only place to invest imho.

Ppl can still not see the opportunity it currently is providing. At the current price point still some bargains there only slightly above the Sydney Median. Once the billions of dollars of infra, upgrades and airport opens these places will be $1M+.

Ignore all the noise by ppl saying Sydney is dropping. Yeah nothing rises continuously forever so it will obviously dip especially after a 25%+ year growth. These are all short sighted ppl and if your investing for 5+ years who cares about the short term.

Sydney only dropped 0.1% last month and ppl are saying the sky is falling. LOL. Relax.......its an insignificant number after 25%+ rises. I think its healthy we see a 3-5% drop anyway. But as Domain reported greater western sydney is the only area still on the rise.

Esh and John_BridgeToBricks like this.
  9. Yellowjeep

Yellowjeep New Member

I should have been clearer but I am looking into the less desirable areas in Sydney, in general that would be places like Mt Druitt, St Marys and western Sydney in general including areas like Kingwood as they are generally seen as less desirable.

David_SYD likes this.
  10. skater

skater Well-Known Member

How about you come out west and drive around? There are some VERY desirable places in Western Sydney. Not everyone is unemployed.

Last edited by a moderator: 23rd Jul, 2022
  11. Yellowjeep

Yellowjeep New Member

never said anything about unemployment

Last edited by a moderator: 15th Mar, 2022