NSW Good outlook for Sydney Property in 2018

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Tenex, 29th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rozz

Rozz Well-Known Member

During the bottom of the market on the Gold coast (2011 - 14) agents would place 'under contract' in the body of the re.com.au listings etc, rather than officially tagging it with the website options, presumably so they could easily reverse it if it fell over. This practice seemed to stop completely once the market got hot through the following few years.

Now agents have begun to do it again, along with there being a big increase in overall listings, and less sold per month.

Does the same behaviour take place in Sydney?

Whitecat likes this.
  2. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Lets do a deal....if you teach me about doing Duplex developments in Pazzmatta at the peak of the market....then I will teach you what youse wants to knowz.

3. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

Really? Pazzmatta?

Is that why you get people to PM me to find out where exactly I am building only to tell me that my numbers don't stack up?

You know the difference between me and you?

I have been busy running a business in a tough industry, on top of that doing property investment and construction and on top of that doing other investments and trades. I deal with builders that will chew up most people and spit them out. No brag, but I am a practitioner and I spend most of my time practicing what I preach in the real world. I am also prepared to accept that there is a risk in property investment and I can learn from it.

You on the other hand spend hours for years on this forum making posts and topics and quoting people to tell them how sky is going to cave in on Sydney property market, making alt accounts to like your own posts. Boy will you have a red face infront of all the alt accounts you have made and people you have quoted if this major correction you have been speaking of for years doesn't materialize.

You may be right, I may be investing in property at the peak of the market but I am willing to take calculated risks and if I find I can't build, I am very open to selling for a profit. At the end of the day the lion has to bring down the buffalo while everyone else sits on the sidelines and watches and talks about the risks.

My topic on the other forum is public and you are welcome to read it, I dont claim to be teaching anything, its just an online diary.

Bender12 and Zoolander like this.
  4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Its a free country....the correction is happening now. This time it is more subtle....the financing game has changed. Development in 95% of cases does not make sense. People like Mirvac are pull back...what does that tell you?

As for taking calculated risks...I do that a lot...I got into place like Moreton Bay (3 there).....Wyndham Shire - Werribee area (3 there) and Geelong (5 there) when there not popular.

I also got into NSW/Sydney but stopped buying in 2012. On those the profits are now $4m.(some were bought in early 2000s)

In Victoria I will have made a similar amount about $4m also....at the end of the Melbourne/Geelong cycle. Obviously there will be some pull back here also.

As for Lion bringing down the Buffalo...great analogy but the line also needs to learn to sit on the sidelines patiently and hunt the older/really young buffalo...otherwise the Lion could get gored or loose its life. ;)

Nuf said.:D

5. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

I used to work at domain on the search team, seemed common practice amongst most agents.

Babesoft likes this.
  6. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

@sash - there are ALOT of ppl on this forum that dont believe a single word you say now. Your full of it.

Most of your predictions never come to fruition and alot of the stuff that comes out of your mouth is complete rubbish a prime example of that was the airport debate. You have told 1000s on this forum the wrong information and at meetups from various people that have PM'd me (who also think your full of it by the way).

Then there are major contradictions - you hate investing in lower priced suburbs and all that blah blah - then looking at your so called investment portfolio and when you claim you bought them you did exactly that. Bought in lower class suburbs.

I think it might be time to put you back on ignore so I stop getting notifications to your rubbish posts.

Bender12 likes this.
  7. sash

sash Well-Known Member

electronic_mouth0430 I understand there are a minority of people who are over exposed...human nature not to believe it...unless you are a serious investor.

Perhaps you need to come out of the shadows of the internet and into a few meet-ups that way we know you are real....;)

Never said I did not invest in lower socio suburbs...I have some but prefer something in the just at middle class suburbs...not bottom end....

Please put me on ignore..it will save me responding to you diatribe.

8. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

9. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

Poor Sash, cant go anywhere without the fans show up.

It's all text here but I have a feeling once we go beyond the text, you are not as unreasonable as you make yourself out to be. There is a kind-hearted comedian underneath all those alt accounts.

But leave some room for doubt. You have been quite wrong about interest rate % which you had predicted major increases and that didnt happen. The correction you speak of hasn't happened and I can tell you that it wont.

Sydney stands for 2% to 3% per year growth in the next few years which is reasonable without being too much and thats due to demand by employment, universities and the main projects (Airport, military, rail, roads and private sector projects).

One of the big drivers behind growth will also be international migration as other parts of the world will be unsafe, polluted and over-crowded.

I wouldn't go around making alt accounts to tell people Sydney will have a major correction if I were you. Not gonna happen.

And as for the lion, its the one with most scars that is gonna ultimately bring down the buffalo not the one that makes too much noise.

Enough Said :)

10. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Tenex likes this.
  11. sash

sash Well-Known Member

How? Little Brave?

Ole Chief see many Braves lost in many moons...

Many Brave very impatient..and die.....people with firesticks come...

How?

12. BoatArrival

BoatArrival Well-Known Member

Weekend report based on attended auctions (I go to 5 every Sat), upper range (1.8-2.3) in areas like Chatswood, Lane Cove, North Ryde/Marsfield is getting passed in quite often, however mid range 1.3-1.6 is still going strong with lots of bidders as well as getting sold prior to auction. As far as I can see prices are not going up but they are not falling/crashing either. All of bidders who won the auctions clearly were immigrants just like myself. As long as skilled migration program keeps bringing families where adults possess marketable skills prices will hold, mid range properties seem to be fine even if it's a bit run down, as long as it's good neighborhood/good schools with reasonable proximity (15-20 min walking) to train station.

13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

My neck of the woods..... what is the $1.3-1.6m product...mostly T/H and Units and Houses on Main Roads.

14. fols

fols Well-Known Member

Like the sound of that mate. It could do with a freshen up.

15. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

A year down the track and how different are things looking now!

Joynz and berten like this.
  16. TheSackedWiggle

TheSackedWiggle Well-Known Member

this thread is full of arguments like
    • strong economy,
    • full employment
    • migration,
    • every house is a market, resilient Sydney markets
    • Lurnea / Liverpool doing well
    and yet in just a year Sydney house price have lost almost 15% from its peak as per core logic index a.k.a Sydney has lost 33% of all its gains from 2012.

Would we be having similar discussion next year mid with Sydney house fallen 25% from its peak?

Brickbybrick and Whitecat like this.
  17. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Hilarious..... it seems that the market has come off significantly....

Whitecat likes this.
  18. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Mr eletronic_mouth0430 can you please confirm if you still think that prices are now still increasing at a rate of 3k per month in Mt Druitt and other lower socio areas around Sydney?

I am seeing that they are doing the inverse. :p:D

19. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

No doubt land val has increased, therefore the property market is still on the rise.....or so it is said.

Really, why waste the energy.....some are making a mint from watches and crypto, I am not sure why they would bother arguing the toss with you...

20. Bill Williamson

Bill Williamson Well-Known Member

Yeah probably.

I believe Sydney still has a way to go. Perhaps 25% down from peak.