Good local accountant needed (Melb area) to help setup trust for development purpose

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by yestart, 16th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. yestart

yestart Member

Hi everyone, as title suggests can anyone recommend a good accountant who is ideally specialized in helping property developers with their PD businesses.

I am a newbie as a developer and haven't really started my 1st project however I wanted to make sure I have the structure right from the beginning. I am based and intend to develop in Melb so a local accountant would be ideal as I assume different states have different rules?

On a side note I also have a portfolio overseas in NZ and since I only moved over last year I am not sure how that would impact my tax return in here for last FY? would be great if I can get advice on that as well.

Thanks for your help in advance.

2. Iamnumber5

Iamnumber5 Well-Known Member

Try Wilson from house of wealth

Terry_w likes this.
  3. Hamish Blair

Hamish Blair Well-Known Member

As this is a legal instrument, you may actually need a lawyer rather than an accountant.

Paul@PAS and Terry_w like this.
  4. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member

terry has worked together with a number of our clients.

from a tax perspective it may be better having a company with a trust holding the shares.

lower tax rates for small business entities and dont have division 7a issues if you use the development profits to lend to a new company for your next development.

i just advised a law firm on a nz client with a nz trust holding nz shares and the impact of the residency tests for the nz trust and the cfc impact for them as australian tax residents

terry and i have been having discussions about conducting some property seminars on the legal and tax aspect of many aspects in thailand and vietnam later this year. so get your flights booked !!

Last edited: 16th Jul, 2017