VIC Good Estate Developers in Tarneit -Melbourne

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by James Baker, 25th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

one of the builds - I was the owner builder (so technically - I need to provide warranty for 7 years), another of them I contracted them up to lock-up stage (I had the bargaining power to do so since I pay the build in cash). the other turn key.

Well back in the day - there was savings but you need to know I came from a renovation background I have bought and sold a lot of properties prior to this H&L through refurbishment and I also have done sub divisions before as well. I imported some stuff as well like windows, high end kitchens but the margin is becoming smaller through H&L.

2. James Baker

James Baker Well-Known Member

If I get 2 townhouses of 20-22 squares each with reasonably good fitting, flooring, windows kitchen and high ceilings built by even a small to medium builder on turnkey basis , I would be expected to pay at least 700k

Whereas I am told if I go the subdivision route, I can get it done in 550k

Cheers

3. melbournian

what sub division route - u still need a builder either way (besides volume builders - there are a lot of other ethnic builders who can do it on the cheap -turks, serbs etc)

also you would need to qualify as an owner builder - and also have insurance etc (it is full time job to be honest)

4. James Baker

Once I book the plot, will attend a few property seminars, and may be Good Samaritans like you will walk me through the process

Cheers

melbournian likes this.
  5. melbournian

I would’t in tarneit to be honest every suburb has its peak and tarneit has gone up a bit u better off trying newer suburbs even in Werribee or further east like boronia etc

6. James Baker

What about Point Cook ?
    In east I am only looking upto Bayswater, but that’s also out of my reach despite being so far

Cheers

Last edited: 27th Mar, 2018
  7. melbournian

Pt cook is at a peak the smart money in pt cook would have been 2016 or early last year.