Good deeds

Discussion in 'Philanthropy' started by bob shovel, 4th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

When was your last act of kindness or when you've gone out of your way to help someone else? What's some of your favourite times you've helped someone?

Not in form of a donation or money but actually stopped or gone out of your way to help someone, or had a chat, even a smile can make someone's day.

(Also has any one seen Morgan Freeman show the story of us? I caught a snippet of it when watching gogglebox. I believe it's a long the similar lines??)

My wife and i try and help people out when we can. Not searching out to help but make sure we aren't the ones to walk by if someone needs help. .. and also some people seek my wife out lol .... she was asked to help empty a colostomy bag once at the shops!:eek::D haha. She did. Peopleoften are attracted to her and often tell her their ailments or problems, it helps she is a nurse so can give some advice

My recent one was helping some jokers that went to go for a little bush bash near my parents place and got stuck. I saw them in the distance and knew that cars couldn't get through wbere they were. They were digging in the dark so i went up for a closer look. I did laugh at first and told them i knew exactly where theywere stuck. They didnt know the neighbour's dug a whole a few years back because to many hoons were getting in to smoke the drugs and play music etc i pulled them out and saved them a tow truck :cool:

WattleIdo, datto, Kassy and 1 other person like this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Picked up a little old lady at a bus stop on a scorching hot day. Gave her a lift to Chatswood (I don't usually cruise for LOLs).

My kids will always speed check and stop for someone who's fallen on the slopes. Give them a hand up or collect their skis.

Last edited: 4th Nov, 2017
    WattleIdo, datto and bob shovel like this.
  3. bob shovel

@Scott No Mates looks like we're the only good eggs here - just as i suspected :D typical investors just after their rent money and avocados!

Gladys, datto and Scott No Mates like this.
  4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I seem to be always on the receiving end of people doing good deeds :confused:

The Y-man

5. PandS

PandS Well-Known Member

Holiday in Asia, this poor old ladies must be in her 70s or 80s, walk slow and her skin all wrinkles

She approached our table selling some package nuts, I ask her how much for the lot whatever she was carrying .. she said $50 I gave her $50
    And ask her to keep that good.

I been very blessed since that day -:)

WattleIdo, datto, Kassy and 3 others like this.
  6. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

My closest neighbour is an older widowed lady who lives on her own. We are very rural and its very dark at night. She has been chasing her son in law for a year to install an outdoor sensor flood light (hes a sparky) with no joy. I found a spare bayonet plug in sensor floodlight in my tool shed and put it in for her. She was happy, having good relations with neighbours is a good thing.

Gockie, WattleIdo, Marg4000 and 2 others like this.
  7. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Just got back from Aldi

Was loading my shopping - an old lady behind me had a few items. I told her to push in front. She told me I was "a very nice young man"

Does that count?

WattleIdo, datto and bob shovel like this.
  8. tess_

tess_ Well-Known Member

I've driven some nice random oldies around before. They're always very appreciative.

I feel a qualm of guilt every time I drive past a certain bus stop as I know I could probably drop them off at the local station. I've picked up people I know vaguely (that go to my DD's school) but often wonder how a random stranger would react. Would you get into a car with a random person offering you a lift??

WattleIdo and datto like this.
  9. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Old guy was struggling to use his ATM yesterday.... he just wanted to check his account balance, but didn't know who to ask.

Can't blame him, these new touch screen ATMs are annoying and the touch screen is unresponsive.

WattleIdo and datto like this.
  10. bob shovel

Me and a mate always talked about that before we had licences waiting for the bus. People would have been going where we were but no one stopped. We used to say we would stop when we got our licence.... but then never did:(

11. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I do this s#%+ all the time.
    Right now am walking a work colleague's golden retriever with my own dogs - an hour+ each day. The work colleague has osteoporosis: broke her neck, then a couple of weeks lated got pulled her over walking her dog and broke her pelvis. :eek:
    The dog is gorgeous, of course. I take her to the river and she's ecstatic. Never been in the water before and never been off the leash before. And never seen my own dogs so well behaved!

EN710, jim1964, Gockie and 1 other person like this.
  12. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member

They probably hate you for getting their dog wet & smelly, especially since they probably can't wash it currently :p

WattleIdo likes this.
  13. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Probably. :p Nice dog though - she prefers to sleep outside.
    Let her off the lead the other day and ended up on a wild goose chase. They can be so naughty! Makes my 2 look like angels.
    Yeah, the dog leads really need a wash - the river water is pretty smelly.

14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Good deed gone wrong.....:(

Elderly lady lost in Perth at the front of my home, she was from Sydney.

Had no clue how to read a road map. I jumped in my car asked her to follow me, snails pace......destination required was about 15-20 minutes from my home.

Everything going along well, until we Got caught in traffic, she ended up following the wrong vehicle, I tried to turn back but it was peak hour and who knows where she ended up..... Hope she made it back to Sydney this year.

MTR:)