Good aircon repair companies Sydney

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Zoolander, 24th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Looking to get advice or leads on good air con repairs in Sydney inner city.
    Issue is minor - my 15 year old Mitsubishi aircon's sensor has stopped responding to the remote.
    At point blank distance, maybe one in 20 remote presses gets picked up by the aircon.

Same remote works fine with an 2nd aircon in another room so the issue isn't the remote.

I've started the usual Google search and Hipages quotes but wanted to field recommendations of good air con guys you use, either as owners or agents.

Thanks in advance
    Mike

2. Chase71

Chase71 Well-Known Member

Zoolander

Quick check
    1) Turn off all the lights and try it.
    Some energy saver lights can filter the IR signal
    2) Point the controller at your phone while on camera.
    You should be able to see the IR LED lighting up when you press the button.
    3) Is there an emergency button on the front of the unit?
    If so does it start and stop by the button.

If it does then you are looking at a receiver PCB or Control PCB. More then likely the receiver PCB.
    Getting an a/c person at this time will be difficult an expensive. At least $100 just to show up

If you know an electrician. May be cheaper option.

3. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Just keep in mind there’s a call out fee of $100 as stated. Depending on the age of the system it might be better off getting a new one.

My A/C has just died - but my issue is that it’s blowing out hot air which means a motherboard change. I paid a call out fee of $180 and the quote has come back as $1700 to fix.

I’ve called a different air con place who will replace the entire unit for a brand new one for $2150 and that comes with 5 years parts And labour warranty.

If yours is working fine and if it’s just the remote, then a fix may be more economical, just check that the unit is fully working prior - ie it cools and the outdoor unit is actually spinning up and hot air is blowing out.

I have an ac technician if you need. PM me if you want it.

Last edited: 25th Jan, 2019
  4. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

Thanks @neK and @Chase71 .
    Will try the lighting and phone camera checks first.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice