Goldcoast commercial property?

Discussion in 'Commercial Property' started by Tenex, 31st Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

I am looking for commercial property in under a half a mil range. Something with very decent rents, low vacancy but also some potential capital growth.

Sydney is obviously expensive due to it's attraction but it was suggested Melbourne and Goldcoast may offer some good options.

Any thoughts? what are the better yields in terms of retail / front shop, vs warehouse vs other types of property?

Also I have heard banks loan between 70% to 80% is this true or are you able to borrow a bigger portion of the purchase price?

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

You and a million other peops ;)

That's a very hotly contested space as resi yields come off and peops are more scared of high Pe ratio equities markets

Typically well priced comm loans are in the. 65 to 70 range.

Much depends if u want a set and forget loan or an annually reviewable risk

Ta

Rolf

3. EricIP

EricIP Well-Known Member

commercial properties in GC..

The net return used to be around 8~9%+ for retail or 10%+ for warehouses/showroom but in the last 2 years the yield has dropped by around 2~3%.
    tenanted retail properties in a good retail strips are now going for at around high 5% ~ mid 6%.
    I've been in the market for 2 years and witnessed the yield drops while waiting for the right one to come on the market and came to the conclusion that it's not worth to put our money in GC commercial if the net return is not better than 7%+ and started checking brisbane CBD areas instead. (starting from mid 5% ~ low 6%)
    Considered vacancy risk, CG upside, tourism risk and etc.

benofbrisbane, Player and vudu like this.