QLD Gold Coast Property News 2016

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by big max, 2nd Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big max

big max Well-Known Member

2. Whiteman

Whiteman Well-Known Member

Interesting interview between a NSW real estate agent and Louis Christopher of SQM Research who provides the Boom and Bust Report, towards the end of the interview (at the 10min 45sec mark if you wish to fast forward) he says Gold Coast and Hobart are the markets to be in, in the next two years with the best prospects nationwide.

big max and Player like this.
  3. big max

I actually agree with almost everything in there, including also the view on Perth.

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

So this is what he is stating I think in a nutshell

• Sydney inner city to outperform outer suburbs in Sydney
    • 2017 - will still be a strong year for Sydney and Melbourne, however if there were a variable interest rate increase this market will soften in 2017
    • Sydney and Melbourne is 40% overpriced including global markets, any triggers could cause falls.
    • Potential we could still see Syd and Melb market slow down last quarter of 2017.
    • Perth is a no go zone in 2017 as expecting prices to continue to fall. 2018 Perth market will hit bottom
    • Brisbane will have only single figure growth in 2017 because there is too much oversupply of apartments which is impacting on the market as a whole.
    • Tasmania and Gold Coast have seen some growth and this should continue in 2017 and the markets which provide better opportunities.
    • So Adelaide did not even get a mention? So I guess they don't see much happening in 2017, don't know?

Whiteman likes this.
  5. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Where is Adelaide?

Observer and Luke T like this.
  6. big max

ASF resort: Trams tipped to solve Spit traffic woes | Gold Coast Bulletin

THE ASF Consortium is considering paying for a light rail connection to its $3 billion integrated resort on The Spit to end the long-running row over traffic congestion.

While it is yet to reveal full details of how it would reduce traffic jams, ASF plans include a tram connection at least as far north as Sea World, as well as a ferry terminal.

It is understood the connection would be a spur from the existing line.​

Last edited by a moderator: 11th Jan, 2018
  7. big max

josh123 likes this.
  8. big max

9. big max

10. big max

McGrath is picking Mermaid Waters as the best pick in Australia for 2017. Mark my words - big money to be made next few years on the Gold Coast:

House prices Australia 2017: Sydney, Gold Coast property prices to rise, Melbourne to slow

The best performing property market in 2017 will be the Gold Coast, with Mr Birch predicting 10 to 20 per cent growth in the sunshine city.

“I am seeing the same thing which was happening in Sydney in 2012 happening in the Gold Coast and the fringe suburbs of Brisbane right now. The buyer activity there is very strong.”

He said the Gold Coast is set to play a huge amount of catch-up after the market dropped off post GFC.​

Whiteman, josh123 and RetireRich101 like this.
  11. big max

tc8 likes this.
  12. big max

Some unsettling news for some involved with this deveopment in Robina not the least the developer who has had a builder they used go into liquidation.

My view is that this has nothing to do inherently with the market in Robina, indeed this will (or would have been) highly profitable for the developer but they should have done their due diligence on the builder. Still if they structured their payments properly the developer should not be too much out of pocket, where's the subcontractors to the builder defiantely will be (again their own fault for not doing their due diligence and/or structuring their contracts and payments appropriately, but I feel sorry for them nevertheless).

www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/business/subbies-confront-worst-fears-as-unlikely-to-be-paid-this-christmas/news-story/2c000dc034de70ee292a0dbf35268e0b

Last edited: 27th Dec, 2016
  13. big max

Gold Coast's motorsports heaven | Gold Coast Bulletin

Gold Coast’s far north on track to become motorsports heaven with new karting facility

[​IMG]
    THE Gold Coast is positioning itself as Australia’s No.1 motorsport city with world-class attraction aimed at revhead tourists and producing the world champions of tomorrow.

The multimillion-dollar, state-of-the-art karting precinct is proposed for a site at Stapylton.

The Gold Coast Kart Club has submitted a development application to the Gold Coast City Council for the complex which will feature a 1.3km track, clubhouse and driver education centre.​

14. big max

15. big max

Hong Kong tycoon Tony Fung planning a world ... - Gold Coast Bulletin

HONG Kong tycoon Tony Fung is planning to build a beachside six-star hotel on the Gold Coast.

Mr Fung’s Aquis Australia will today announce plans prepared by architects Wood Bagot for a $440 million hotel overlooking Main Beach, just south of Macintosh Island Park.

Plans show the slim tower will be 48 storeys, include more than 500 rooms and feature five world-class restaurants. A wraparound pool with views of the ocean and sitting above a spectacular l glass-encased podium several levels above the footpath is also included.​

tomlemke and Whiteman like this.
  16. big max

17. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

Whats your thoughts on this one @big max? looking to hold until around 2020 depending on growth, i have noticed its been for sale for a while. Location seems good
    9 Cabarita Street Biggera Waters Qld 4216 - House for Sale #124034330 - realestate.com.au

18. big max

19. big max

20. big max

I like the size of the block.

Long term I think this location will get increase in value both on development potential, proximity to Brisbane, growth of southport, closeness to water etc.

Short term it should be easier to improve the surrounding area just by growing proper grass.

I think for a property like this you can come in and make a lowball offer and see if it hits.

If it's solid and no maintainence then an easy renter but you would have to be selective with the tenants you choose.

tomlemke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.