QLD Gold Coast Property News 2016

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by big max, 2nd Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big max

big max Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: 19th Nov, 2017
  2. big max

3. big max

4. big max

5. big max

6. Mel_C

Mel_C Well-Known Member

This sounds about right I have just gotten back from Christmas holiday up at Caloundra and Agnes/1770......our hotel operator said its the busiest Christmas period she has ever seen in Agnes Waters. Such a beautiful spot I understand why but the dining out options are atrocious at moment anyone like to open a nice bar/restaurant? :) Lots of Backpackers and land being sold I see it as QLd's version of Byron Bay in future.

7. Mel_C

Mel_C Well-Known Member

8. 4point5million

4point5million Well-Known Member

I think there is strong opportunity for hipster cafe/bar/social eating house in many spots in Qld especially Brisbane's high density suburbs - just look at Burleigh/Tugan/cooly/ etc, the transformation from 2001 to now is mind blowing, and those business's are killing it

I filled my car up in a service station early one morning in a suburb on Brisbane's cbd fringe, in the station itself was a small coffee kiosk- not the sort of place anyone that anyone that likes coffee would buy from, anyway, there was a cue out the door for people waiting for their order because there was nothing else around anywhere.
    I think there is a serious drought of quality coffee/cafe establishments in Brisbane and if you took the plunge and did it right I can't see how you would ever go wrong

9. LCK

LCK Active Member

The g-rail is a god send.. One of the reasons why I specifically chose to buy in Parkwood.. The stage 2 will see a Parkwood station and a Parkwood east station.. Now it just needs to be linked to the airport!

blackrocky and Mel_C like this.
  10. Mel_C

Mel_C Well-Known Member

I agree with you I was looking at houses to potentially live in around Mansfield/wishart but was just overcome by the total lack of coffee shops lol. I agree you can certainly make some money if you are happy to do the 7 day retail grind!

4point5million likes this.
  11. Plutus

Plutus Well-Known Member

those hipster coffee spots exist.. just gotta know how to find 'em.

In my opinion the best site for new breakfast places:
    Hot Drinks Archives - Gourmand & Gourmet

Beanhunter is the best for finding coffee spots in new suburbs (get the app!)
    Brisbane, Australia

Not sure how you're seeing a drought, I've got a back log of 20+ places I'm yet to check out..

12. big max

Scotty3 likes this.
  13. norwoodman

norwoodman Well-Known Member

They do exist but in pockets rather than large clusters - Boundary Street in West End, La Trobe and Given Terrace in Paddington, Vernon Terrace and Methyr Road in New Farm, Oxford Street in Bulimba, Park Road in Milton...

In the CBD they are everywhere, but quite a few of the best establishments are not obvious at street level. Got to know where to look!

14. 4point5million

4point5million Well-Known Member

Yeah maybe you guys are right, but coming from Melbourne there is noticeably less and the quality is poor, not everyone wants to drink single shot vittoria or bellisimo

OC1 likes this.
  15. big max

The Gold Coast has cafes in numerous hipster locations that are every bit as good as Melbourne. But there also some very average franchise type chain cafes too. But if you know where to get you will get really top notch coffee. Think Broadbeach, Nobbys and Burleigh.

16. tilt10

tilt10 Well-Known Member

Are you an agent Bg Max?

17. big max

No. But I am happy to help and share my thoughts if you have any investment related questions.

And yourself?

Last edited: 9th Jan, 2016
  18. big max

Real estate shock with claims Gold Coast may run out of developable land as early as 2023

Interesting article here suggesting Gold Coast may "run out of developable land" by 2023.

This of course is great for investors. We have seen many examples where demand for housing coupled with limited supply leads to extreme booms - HK being one example. Once land is truely limited exiting land goes up and or redevelopment potential is realised as denser housing is approved. Having said that, I don't see the Coast being truely land locked and demand can always flow over into Brisbane, Tweed Heads or even Sunshine Coast etc. Still it's an interesting article which I think may be used by the council to push for denser housing which is great for existing property owners in any case.

19. big max

20. big max

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.