QLD Gold Coast or Brisbane - Advise for IP rookie buyer :)

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Murrilondon80, 12th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Daniel Mumford

Daniel Mumford Member

Yes definitely still around but they are getting harder and harder to find!

2. Dees

Dees New Member

Not too sure about the rest of the Gold Coast but the southern end has settled down a lot over the past few months, granted it is the quiet time of the year. although stock levels are rising, time on market days are rising and also rental vacancy rates are rising also speaking to agents they are finding a lot harder to make a sale. I’d be interested to watch the data coming out over the next few months I believe the Gold Coast has had its growth and I wouldn’t be surprised if it started to decline. Brisbane would be a much safer bet, more employment opportunities and still relatively affordable. Good luck

3. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

There's nearly half a dozen 3 bedders on 600sqm in everton hills/arana hills at that $450k price range. Good suburbs too

Daniel Mumford likes this.
  4. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

............... going out on a limb here. If you wanted GC but wondered about Bris, there is the south side of Bris to consider. Beenleigh (for Example) is very close to GC but also commutable to Bris. Perhaps you get the best of both?

I personally think the GC is starting to look like a city rather than the boom bust town of yesteryear, it really is starting to come along. Perhaps Southport is a good place to consider? The mantra of buying inner ring Bris is a bit long in the tooth, and very expensive.

Rich2011 likes this.
  5. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Gold coast has half a mil in population and a very transient workforce. Perth has a bit over 2 million and has been called a "mining town".

In seriousness though, I think GC has a long way to go before it can be considered a city. Doing well in the last few years does not make it a city. Even Hobart is going gang busters at the moment. Population of 200k. Some people are in for a real shocker that are jumping in this late.

6. Murrilondon80

Murrilondon80 Member

Thanks everyone, I ended up going with Paul Flynn & Santosh Nune buyer's agents services!

They are in Sydney in a few days and invited me to catch up over a coffee, really like their approachable style so far :)

7. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

we love our beaaan leeeeeeeeee.

lots of stock and to the west from there

ta
    rolf

8. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Definitely had a strong interest in Beenleigh of late, the town centre upgrade has finally started turning heads. I'm just a little worried about a bit of a bubble- people get excited and then wonder whether they went too far and confidence drops.

9. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

You know i can see the numbers, but i disagree that GC is not looking like a city. There is a profound difference that has just taken place in last few years, and much of it appears to be diversifying from just a destination. I watched it grow (up on Tamborine Mtn) and it really is different to 5-10 years ago.

It is the vibe of the place ... yknow ... the vibe.

Perth is a great place btw, been a city since before the mining boom.

10. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member

Beenleigh in my opinion is ripe for gentrification IMO. I have seen it change quite dramatically over the past 5 years especially with the town centre redevelopment and a lot of surrounding land being zoned for high density.

Especially up towards and around Lehmanns Rd, some very nice properties with great views here. Make sure you stay well away from Teys Abbatoir as the smell carries quite some distance.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  11. Murrilondon80

Murrilondon80 Member

Hi!

Just wanted to let you all know I ended up buying (at auction via PFPG) a 3 bed house in Rochedale south...quite happy with the purchase (great location, land size, opportunity for extra bedrooms / granny flat) and the property sits just yards away from that "invisible line" between 1-2M Rochedale properties and the cheaper ones (like mine :D) in Rochedale South.

Thanks everyone for the advise :p

Tom Rivera likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia