Going on the Strata Committee,Airbnb complaints !board

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by MyDarlinghurst, 10th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

I am honestly thinking of going on my apartment buildings Strata Cimmittee

I have frankly had enough of Airbnb tenants on my floor.

Both sides of my unit is Airbnbn apartments!

Every weekend mainly or public holidays the slamming of the doors , or usually teenagers or groups of guys making a ruckus in the hallway waiting for the lifts.

The other night took the cake so to speak , relaxing at around 11.30pm watching Law n order on Foxtel to hear a knock on the door , this is 1130pm mind you .
    Looking thru the peephole to see a middleaged man and i presume his wife,and teen girls

Opened the door , the guy apologised and said he was from next door Airbnnb blah blah blah , and they heard my TV still on and thought he would ask what floor the swimming pool is on?

I have been thinking of going on the strata board , not inly for this but other issues.

Trouble is, its held every 3 minths in a week night,its voluntary, its thankless ,

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

You have to give some of your time to be heard though.

If you want some power, go on the committee and help with the decisions that will possibly make a difference. If it is important to you, wouldn't you give up four nights a year?

Shazi likes this.
  3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

best of luck

while you have rights to enjoyment of your property, the owners of the others have their commercial rights too

Been some big end of town courtcases on this recently

ta
    rolf

Dean Collins and Jamesaurus like this.
  4. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Well-Known Member

I always encourage all owners to go on the Committee, whether or not there's any issue;
    A property is a significant investment and it's only right if you involve yourself in the decision making process. If you don't, other people will, and often they are not more learned than you.

Ted Varrick and wylie like this.
  5. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Nothing worse in strata than owners who bleat and whinge about everything but arent interested in attending strata meetings or doing something about it

Shazi, Tom Rivera, 158 and 1 other person like this.
  6. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

Well i did speak to the building manager who told me most of the Strata committee members are investors and not residing in the building !

I met one arrogant prick recently introduced to me by the building manager,he was the Secreatary of the Strata, he didnt want to listen to my concerns and laughed them off with a joke when i told him of the young louts we were getting on on the long weekends with Airbnb , his reply was " they sound like they're having fun might be best to join them !

Now the carpet in the gym has been ruined by Airbnb teenagers , the Strata has wanted to make Airbnb minimum 3 nights.

Ironically the Strata issued a letter to owners to report any anti social behaviour in the building by Airbnb renters after they kicked in the public toilet areas one Saturday night.

I stopped hearing anything now I just couldnt give a ....toss

Last edited: 10th Mar, 2018
  7. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Hehe spot on.

Get on that committee and be heard!

Dean Collins likes this.
  8. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

If you aren't on the Strata Committee in your building, you should get up early every morning and open your window and shout at the top of your voice, "I don't give a crap about the money I have invested here! And that includes living in this building!"

After a few days, you will get it (assuming your neighbours don't discuss the subject with you first...)