Sports & Fitness Go The Blues

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by snoopy, 18th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Harro

Harro Well-Known Member

I don't think cycling has the best reputation when it comes to injections! At least he was injured before the needle, not being doped up prior to the race.

T.C. likes this.
  2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Agree 100%

I grew up playing/watching it - but at times, have been turned off by the behaviour of players (mostly off field stuff).

I still find it an exciting sport though and love getting out to the home games.

3. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Oh, and RL (or AFL) have never had the game brought into disrepute because of doping?

Cool argument bro.....

pinkboy

4. Harro

Harro Well-Known Member

No I just think people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones! Bro...

Hoffy likes this.
  5. Hoffy

Hoffy Well-Known Member

No I couldn't imagine that. But nor is it conceivable in Rugby League. It just Doesn't happen that people receive injections for fatigue which is what you are suggesting. Peurile analogy.

6. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

Hope QLD wins. It will be very close.
    Will come down to who controls the ball the best.
    If Cronk is there and plays well, and QLD can get repeat sets to wear down the NSW pack (as they did in many of the games in the 8 series streak), maroons will win. If not, NSW will dominate with the pack.

7. 158

158 Well-Known Member

First up, my comment was tongue in cheek, but seems to have rattled a few puny RL brains. If it makes you feel better change 'feeling tired' to 'broke my leg' like Contador did in TDF and rode on 20kg uphill.

'Not conceivable in RL'? Um.....don't be so naive. If money and sport are involved - nothing is 'unconceivable'!

pinkboy

8. T.C.

T.C. Well-Known Member

QLD side is too old and buggered. NSW young blokes like Woods and Klemmer will be too tough and hard for the QLD geriatrics. Can't wait for the game.

See ya's.

Brian84 likes this.
  9. T.C.

T.C. Well-Known Member

And on a different subject. Does anyone think we need a change? I remember hearing that Pacific Islander's make up an amazing amount of the NRL players now? About 40% or so, from 10% 20 years ago? It must already be the case that a Pacific Islander or NZ player of the same ability will be worth a lot more money to a club as they won't be playing State of Origin?

I propose that it's about time we bought NZ and a combined Pacific Islands/Papua New Guinea into the State of Origin concept? It would mean NSW and QLD only playing once instead of 3 times, but then NZ and the combined Pacific Islands/PNG teams could also play and the winner of the two games play in a decider? That way it will involve nearly all players in the NRL, instead of just the NSW and QLDers. It will still be three games played in the series, but the work load will be spread more evenly as it will involve twice as many players. 20 or 30 years ago, 90% of the best players in the NRL were playing in the State of Origin. Now it would be lucky to be 50%. Lets involve everyone?

Pacific Islanders are only going to get more and more prominent in the NRL as I regard them as having a bit of a genetic advantage over Caucasians. So instead of trying to fit them into QLD or NSW as seems to be happening now, give them their own side, plus the Kiwis.

See ya's.

Last edited: 6th Jul, 2015
  10. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

NO

11. T.C.

T.C. Well-Known Member

Well it's just going to become a bigger and bigger issue. If I was a player selector for an NRL club I'd be targeting NZ and Pacific Islanders as they will be available for a much bigger percentage of the games played in a season. As I said above, 20 and 30 years ago the NSW and QLD state of origin used to be nearly all the best players in the NRL. Now it would be lucky to be half?

See ya's.

12. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Oh geeze, even in the Canbrrrrrrr Winter?

13. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

There is no evidence that the NZ warriors go much better over the origin period and they have just about only NZ's in the side. They used to do what you propose in the super league days and it was well...a bit sucky.

Origin is a concept that doesn't need any tampering with and besides everyone in NZ just backs QLD anyway haha.

14. T.C.

T.C. Well-Known Member

What will happen is that more and more Pacific Islanders will get slotted into either NSW or QLD. When they make up over half the players, it will all just seem a bit pointless? That's what I can see happening as they dominate the game?

See ya's.

15. Roosterman

Roosterman Well-Known Member

I reckon suspend the NRL for a month.

Play 3 Origin games in the month - on the Wednesday nights to retain high ratings/$$$

On the weekends during that month, we should have:

Pacific Nations Cup - PNG, Fiji, Samoa and Tonga play in a 4 team tournament

NZ Origin - Auckland vs Rest of NZ in a 3 match Origin series

Under 20s Origin, NSW vs Qld.

This will provide enough games to keep Fox happy, and won't detract from the integrity of the NRL competition

16. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Most of them live on the GC or Logan that's why.

17. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

So it will be just like the wallabies, most of the team Pacific Islanders playing against the All Blacks with their Pacific Islanders.

18. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Anyway Qld to win by a finger nail.

19. T.C.

T.C. Well-Known Member

Yep. Pretty much.

See ya's.

20. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

A bit like Armstrong aye.