International Global Shares / Funds for Income

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Nodrog, 7th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Thanks @Hodor

2. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Should I invest in the fund or the fund manager?

Anne11, Redwing and The Falcon like this.
  3. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Anne11 likes this.
  4. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

@Newfast, to clarify Hodor's comment above, a fund's distributions always contain a taxable component, whether the distributions are paid out or automatically reinvested. Across my funds portfolio (10 direct managed funds, no ETFs/LICs yet) that component represents about 64% of the distribution amount.

I wasn't aware of this until the topic was brought up in another thread here. I had my funds set to DRP as I thought that would save me tax :D :oops:

Some great recommendations here though, will bookmark for my next round of investments. Currently sitting at 11.65%/yr return after fees and taxes.

L3ha7 likes this.
  5. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Which is the best fund manager for share market investors?

Thought funds or fund manager years ago re: Macquarie Bank and their capital guaranteed funds Peter Spann etc were flogging.

6. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

:confused::confused::confused:?

Not quite sure what you're getting at to be honest. Maybe the home brew from last night has affected my comprehensive abilities.

As for MQG (the company) we've held it for many years and will happily continue to do so. Other than their cash management account which we use as a liquid HUB for the SMSF we've never owned a Macquarie "product". Again a case of owning the mgr not the product.

7. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Probably me

I agree in owning Macquarie rather than their products, they are the Millionaire Factory, but I think its more partners/employees than clients that get the moniker

Nodrog likes this.
  8. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

I bought units in Macquarie's Arrowstreet Global Equity fund (MAQ0464AU) a few months ago. The fund itself has been so-so (1% net growth in that time) but the frustrating thing has been dealing with their "Client Service" team - different associate each time, and half of the forms I email in get mysteriously lost (despite receiving automatic receipt confirmations.)

Frustrations aside, it has stupidly been my best performing international fund to date, as I jumped into the Magellan and Colonial PM Capital Global funds at a sub-optimal time.

9. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

No expert on this stuff .... but it would make sense to be buying US stocks/shares as the economy is on the rise and the greenback is very strong and Trump is also driving many initiatives that should see the economy go from strength to strength.

MTR:)

11. BingoMaster

BingoMaster Well-Known Member

The stockmarket is "forward looking" though, and whos to say all of that hasn't been priced in already.

Also, a rising US dollar isn't necessarily good for US stocks. It's usually the other way round

Anne11 and MTR like this.