NSW Glenmore Park, Emu Plains, Lower Blue Mountains

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by dabbler, 17th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

There's already a bunch of road projects starting now. Haven't looked what else but it's all go

2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

*sighs*..... I get that it is a proposed airport with proposed flight plans.

you can clear off now to mingle with those more on your level, c ya....;)

3. dabbler

I also lived in the Shire where they completed a bridge recently, a friend in the RTA worked on the footings over 3 decades ago ! They have been talking about Badgerys creek for as long as I remember, and they are just starting now, we will see how it pans out, either way, no need to worry about noise for quite a bit longer :)

4. dabbler

Whatever they build, will not be good enough as locals will flood whatever roads they put in place as they never do them properly, they wont do all the new ones properly either, M5 should have been 6 lanes each way from inception, instead they did 2, now widened to 3, it is a carpark for much of the day in sections near the tunnels.

High speed rail with a direct link in the city somewhere would be ok, but I read of plans to patch into existing lines, a painful trip at best that will see at least an hour gone I reckon.

Check the travel times now from Badgery into the Quay, it says 1.5hrs, I think it will take at least this long, the SW is exploding along with the West expanding with ever more cars, would require dedicated rail and tunnels/roads IMO, our govts never do anything properly in this regard, and from proposals I read, it seems it will be the same again, nothing grand or visionary here. Time will tell, I will be very, very happy if I am wrong !

5. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I'll be reviewing your application to live in penrith and have to say it's not look to good at the moment :cool:

6. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

I'll clear off as soon as I get bored of watching you humiliate yourself, I haven't yet. After all this you STILL think that for some reason people going to Sydneys CBD and Coast for a holiday will be flying to Badgerys Creek and subsequently catching buses and trains back into the CBD instead of simply opting to fly into Kingsford Smith as they currently do. And then continually not understanding that a large portion of people in Sydney live West of Parramatta and fly in and out of Sydney on a regular basis- for both work and leisure. If you wanna live in Penrith it will take you longer to get to the airport in Peak hour than to fly to most places on the East coast. Unacceptable in a global city. Everyone knows why the second airport is so critical except you regardless of how many times you are told. You were definitely right about the different levels. Geezo_O

7. newbie1234

newbie1234 Active Member

They will build Badgerys Creek as an international airport and when it's underway they will close Sydney Airport and sell the land for development. That's my prediction.

8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

That's actually not a terrible idea... the buildings near the CBD can be built taller...

9. dabbler

I don't know what your on about Gungadin, there is no airport there ATM, no one knows who will be flying there till operational time approaches. You seem to believe how it will work is all set in stone.

10. Inov8ive

Gungadin?
    If you have ever traveled on an airplane you will realise that when you purchase your ticket you select your destination. Most international cities have two airports so it is always imperative to ensure you are flying into the most suitable airport. I.e JFK or Newark, Tullamarine or Avalon. Sydneys main airport is not going anywhere and will still be the main airport. Once again, people who have a hotel in the Cbd will not use Badgerys Creek but residents of Penrith undoubtedly will.

11. dabbler

Yes, you are a better man than me Gungadin. In fact all of us most likely, as you know the future of Sydney airport operations.

The tower at S - Y - D has cleared you for take off on runway short plank straight into the Ocean, you better fire up and get going ! On your way ! lol

12. newbie1234

newbie1234 Active Member

They're building a 24 hour international airport just for us Westies to use? I feel loved.

13. dabbler

Something like that it seems, also cause your missing out on the noise and extra traffic benefits too so finally you will get your share (or a lot more). The govt really cares after all :)

14. Inov8ive

Oh I see. Very clever.
    I don't claim to know the future of Sydney airport operations, just using good Ol' common sense and experience. When I was a broke backpacker I flew into many a "second" airport. Rome, Frankfurt, London. Second airports are usually cheaper as well. They are a good option but never the only option. London is smaller than Sydney in footprint and has four airports, options are great. Once again- nobody is going to book a hotel in the CBD and buy a ticket to Badgerys Creek unless the price is too irresistible for the broke backpackers.

15. newbie1234

newbie1234 Active Member

Us bludging Westies should be grateful for all dem jobz wez gettin.

It's like that scene in The Castle when the newlyweds come back from their honeymoon, walking home from the airport with the luggage trolley. Convenience = bliss

16. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I'm going to glenmore Park next Wednesday!

bob shovel and Tony Fleming like this.
  17. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

looking to buy?

18. dabbler

I am heading there tomoz among other places, what are you doing out there
    @larrylarry and were you out last night ?

19. larrylarry

See a client.

20. larrylarry

Going to see a new client there. I was buggered after work last night.