Glen Iris - 2 bed room apartment

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by dev_melb08, 27th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dev_melb08

dev_melb08 Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

I am looking to sell a 2 bed room apartment in Glen iris - Melbourne area and struggling with agent fees etc. How much is agent fees in this area ? 1.5%, 1.8%, 2 % ???

Also, they are costing 7K for marketing expense pre-auction expense. Is this a realistic figure. ?

I was hoping to get some expert view from people having knowledge of this area.

2. Mavis

Mavis Well-Known Member

It's been a few years for me now but I had a single level unit in Camberwell, towards the Glen Iris locale that I needed to sell. It was from memory about 2% + GST for fees and marketing was not far off the mark from yours - maybe slightly less as I opted for private sale and not auction.

Could I have negotiated harder? Probably. But I was confident with the agent and he got me an awesome price for the sale of my unit .. so it paid itself off..

3. Hamish Blair

Hamish Blair Well-Known Member

Sold nearby recently via Buxton. Was around 1.5% plus GST plus marketing. I had a ratchet clause which wasn't triggered.