Gladys resigns as NSW Premier!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tony3008, 1st Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

marty998, datto and ollidrac nosaj like this.
  2. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

Unfortunate but hardly surprising to hear those words coming from someone as out of touch and as morally bankrupt as Barnaby Joyce.

I agree with Peter Hall- ICAC needs an independent funding model and we sorely need one at Federal level. I hope Friendlyjordies delves deeper into the SA situation with ICAC; what an absolute joke that is.

Lizzie, Baker, paulF and 4 others like this.
  3. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

My message to my Local federal MP was pretty simple, no federal ICAC no vote.

A good summary from Micheal West.

Baker and ollidrac nosaj like this.
  4. ollidrac nosaj

ollidrac nosaj Well-Known Member

Just In from Friendly jordies:

mtat likes this.
  5. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

I'm sad that Gladys is gone. I'm from an LGA of concern and those of us who followed the rules were ok with her decisions. I think she did reasonably well to get the middle easterners and other covid deniers in my area to behave themselves a little more and get vaxxed by restricting their ability to work.
    Even more sad is that by dating a d-head and losing her mind a little in love, she loses her job. As a woman in my 40s (Glady was in her 40s when she was dating him), it is really hard to find a good man, especially if you have a bit of success or wealth behind you. Sometimes it is easy to date someone that you know isn't right for you and ends up adversely impacting your work or financial position, either by jealousy and feeling less of man when you don't need them, or taking advantage of your position.
    Looks like Perrotet will be taking the reigns, and this seems almost the polar opposite to Gladys. A highly religious nutter and conservative, women will take a back seat and the anti-vaxxers might get their freedoms earlier now.

6. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

Is that the same Gladys that refused to meet with those LGA's mayors for months ? People getting vaxxed/tested was more the effort of their local community leaders and health professionals.

It's always someone else. She's a grown up and should be responsible for her own decisions. Let's not paint her as a victim, at least not before ICAC finishes it's investigation.

datto and ollidrac nosaj like this.
  7. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Is that what we are calling Catholics now? I am OK if it is, mind you.

Catholics are notorious for not really following the doctrine ....... has this changed too?

marty998 and datto like this.
  8. beachgurl

I'm Catholic too but he is ultra churchy. There is a small sector that are OTT like Hillsong. Quite divisive with their views rather than the moral grounding and being good to other people like we learned through Catholicism growing up.

marty998, qak and Lizzie like this.
  9. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Aha like mr Rabbit. They are everywhere!!

Scott No Mates likes this.
  10. beachgurl

The turkey who runs my LGA and some of the others who wanted to talk to her were calling out racism and discrimination. They were more concerned about helicopters hovering over our suburbs to tell people to leave the parties and intimate gatherings for their closest 50 family members in the height of the pandemic than getting people vaccinated and staying home. People around here were choosing to break the rules and not get vaccinated. If it wasn't for the tradies having to get their first dose to work and leave the LGA we would not have anywhere near the number of vaxxed around here. It was after that the local leaders got on board so their people could return to work and support their families.

Shazz@, qak, Lizzie and 1 other person like this.
  11. Baker

Baker Well-Known Member

12. ollidrac nosaj

She's an educated and consenting adult whom held a high position of public authority and trust. Painting her as a victim in this manner, really makes her seem all the more pathetic and unfit for public office.

Last edited: 5th Oct, 2021
    Phoenix Pete, kierank and Anchor like this.
  13. ollidrac nosaj

Friendly Jordies drops another bomb shell, this time right at the feet of the PM.

mtat likes this.
  14. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Enough of these "sensationalist" videos already

Last edited: 5th Oct, 2021
  15. ollidrac nosaj

Sensationalist: presenting stories in a way that is intended to provoke public interest or excitement, at the expense of accuracy.

I assume you believe the information presented not to be accurate?

16. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

No - sensationalist via extreme presentation (over the top). I find it an unintelligent way to discuss, debate and convey an idea

qak and ollidrac nosaj like this.
  17. qak

qak Well-Known Member

Personally, I like to 'read' my information. I don't suppose FJ does transcripts?

Lizzie likes this.
  18. ollidrac nosaj

Yes Friendly Jordies style of presentation does have its fair share of critiques. But he is undeniably having a huge impact on our political landscape, Imo more so than any current mainstream political journalist.

marty998 and paulF like this.
  19. ollidrac nosaj

Not that I'm aware of, youtube and podcast seem to be his preferred medium.

20. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

Can you name any other news source that is shedding a light on this? You should be grateful to him as he is one of the few people out there keeping these politicians in check.