NSW Girraween townhouses

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by RedHat, 28th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. RedHat

RedHat Well-Known Member

Hey peeps in Sydney,

WHat are your views on 3x2x1 townhouses in Girraween? There seems to be quite a few of them readily available and under construction asking 700-780K? I know it is lot of money for tiny real estate but I have my reasons -

1. Little one will be starting school from next year so Girraween public is no brainer
    2. Proximity to Pendle hills station - 40 min train ride to Townhall.Both me and the missus work in city so this makes it very easy for us.

Any other option in 750K?

Will be PPOR for next 5 years,not worried much about CG. Also please recommend a buyers agent as well, specializing in Sydney West.

ta

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

For that budget an option is older house on full land Blacktown area or Lalor Park. You get more land. Downsides is perhaps the schools.

Later on you knockdown rebuild the house or maybe see if you can build a duplex (STCA)

ej89 likes this.
  3. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Rent till you find a house/townhouse in your budget and ones you actually like. Girraween school is good, but I am sure there are other good schools in suburbs that are not as costly.
    Have you looked at houses with granny flat built? Not sure how expensive they can get, but at least you get some rent to cover that cost.

Update: I assumed you already not renting in Girraween:) re reading your question, I guess you already do.

4. RedHat

RedHat Well-Known Member

Well the schools around Black town aren't that good.Also can't find much close to station.Driving to station is not an option these days as parking is mostly full by 7:00 AM

5. RedHat

RedHat Well-Known Member

Nah I don't live in Girraween,Im in Nth Parra.A gain, can't find houses within my budget unless you plan to sell one of yours ;)

Which other suburb do you recommend based on my requirement?

ta

6. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

North parra school isn't bad. And I will certainly sell mine to you. After all there is a panic setting in sydney.

7. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

Times have changed and building or developing is very different to even 1 year ago. Construction costs have gone through the roof (NPI).

I dont think your strategy is too bad - Girraween isn't flooded with an abundance of units and stock. It has strong demand and its actually a very family orientated suburb (well it was 10 years ago when I lived closed by).

Think of it this way - if you were purchasing a land and constructing the townhouse it would cost you around $350,000 to build and then you need to add holding costs, DA/CC costs, etc.

Also at $750,000 you should be eligible for the $10,000 grant so that will be a small little bonus.

So essentially based on construction costs today in Sydney I would say that this isn't a bad investment.

If its Torrens Title then this to me is an added bonus.

8. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Girraween High schools is a selective school. Living near doesn't guarantee a spot.

Girraween public is ranked near 100th mark in NSW. It is good but not exceptional.

9. Gwynneth

Gwynneth Well-Known Member

10. Gwynneth

Gwynneth Well-Known Member

11. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

12. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

I though you where referring to Girrawheen in Perth. The equivalent property would be circa 450k and you wouldn't want to send you children to the local schools, they may not come home ;)

13. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

don't you believe in the price or what?

14. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

W
    Well, I definitely do believe in it. (That's in my best interest)