Ghosts

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Kelvin Cunnington, 12th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Owwww@SatayKing : Hotel California, best ever. Just disappeared before my eyes, unfortunately.
    Yeah I don't believe in ghosts. When I try to get them to visit me, they don't. Only see loved ones in dreams - not the same.
    Not the same ... as the time I was looking to rent for no more than $150 per week. I looked and looked and e'thing was crap at twice the price. Until something finally showed up - a half house with a backyard in Croydon, Sydney.
    Previous tenant had moved on after just 6 months, left some of his furniture behind.
    I rented there very happily and improved the place a little too. Rent only went up by a total of $10 the whole time I was there - 9 years.
    But there were a few very full-on dreams -you know the ones where you think you're awake but you can't move. And you're floating and then being pushed back into the bed. A few times there was a very intimidating presence which seemed to be looking at me sleeping, coming in the back door and heavy near my bed. Female: why scary?
    Of course that scary female was me, my subconcious, my negativites reminding me to keep doing inner work. Me projecting onto myself, inside out, ahhh.
    Eh, physical exhaustion combined with mental restlessness or ...
    About 4 years in I was told that 7 or 8 months before I moved in, the tenants had been a husband, wife and daughter. Either the wife had done away with herself or the husband had helped her out - thus the hole in the bathroom ceiling over the bath. :eek: Apparently there'd been some mixed up sleeping arrangements before that too. o_O
    When I was told, I felt duped (either this was before disclosure laws or before they were taken seriously). But, always practical and a bit of a tightwad, I decided not to let this dark energy disturb me anymore. I stayed on for another 5 years. I always felt my recently deceased uncle who had lived in the area had helped me out with this one ... if that's at all possible.

This is one reason why I continue to surround myself with animals, tasteful icons and a few graven images. They help.
    Anyone else ever had recently deceased relos help out in getting the job you want? Happened a few times for me.
    But I don't believe in all this at all. Lucky me, I have 5 senses.
    How many do you have?

Last edited: 13th Dec, 2019
    Sackie likes this.
  2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Try borrowing to buy 4 properties these days

4. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I remember on an overnight high school excursion there were 7 of us in a large motel room.

Well there was a lot of smoking and before hitting the sack one of the fellas made a mull mix and left it on the coffee table, ready for the next day.

Lo and behold the next morning the mull was gone! One of the fellas who was visibly upset claimed that during the night he saw a dark figure light up and smoke everything in the space of an hour! The witness was too scared to do anything but watch.

At our 10 year reunion we would recall what happened. One of the fellas, whom we fondly nicknamed Blackie, would say he never felt so paranoid as that night.

willair likes this.
  5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Another tale I had recently - a friend, who is a firm non-believer - had stayed, on two occasions, at a friends property. They have a large 150 year old "homestead", with attached servants quarters.

The friend slept in the same room both times - and both times was woken at 5am by a young woman shaking her shoulder and telling her it was time to get up. When she opened her eyes there was no one there. She's not slept in that particular room since.

So - I delved into some researched. At that time of morning it would've be a domestic servant, as they rose early to prepare the fireplaces, clean and start the baking for the day etc. After following family trees and delving into the lives of the staff (difficult as not many records), with the help of the local historical society - turns out - there was a young lady who was the daughter of the gardener. At that age she would've also worked on staff - possibly as a nursery maid (but no records of her actual employment) as the mistress of the house was knocking a kid out every 2 years. She died at 20 from TB, aka consumption, in 1881.

Managed to trace her death certificate and several newspaper reports. She also had two younger brothers who both died before they were 5 - so the parents lost all their children young.

Putting myself right out on a limb here - as a lightworker - when I was tuning into the spirit, before I knew who it was or her cause of death, my skin was burning up with fever - she also informed me, when I narrowed the document search down to Mary Poole, that the spirit is her and that her greatest sadness was leaving behind her "beau" who worked with the horses ... I investigated further and turns out the property was a major breeding stud for top quality carriage horses. All backed up with official paperwork.

Was fascinating.

6. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Might have been someone sleep walking with the black hoodie on
    Thinking get in early and passout..

datto likes this.
  7. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Ghosts are no match for cheap rent. Got it.

Last edited: 21st Feb, 2022
    WattleIdo likes this.
  8. Phoenix Pete

Phoenix Pete Well-Known Member

Many years ago my paternal grandfather passed away at his village overseas.

The next night I was home alone studying at my desk. I was facing the bedroom door. Behind me was my bed. All of a sudden I felt a firm tap on my right shoulder. I quickly turned my head but no one was there. It was very very strange.

When my parents returned home, I told my mum what happened. She told me that it was my grandfather letting me know of his presence.

Terry_w likes this.
  9. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Exactly. Pinch the mull. Blame it on the boogie man.

“Don't blame it on the sunshine
    Don't blame it on the moonlight
    Don't blame it on good times
    Blame it on the boogie”. Whacko Jacko

10. Sxmm12

Sxmm12 New Member

I know it has been nearly 3 years, but I am a long time resident of Hoxton Park and never heard of this, could you give me the new street name so I can check it out?

11. datto

datto Well-Known Member

It was 17th Ave but this street doesn't exist any more. I think it disappeared when the area got developed.

There was a big hill on 17th Ave as you faced Cowpasture Rd I think. Now you'd only see the ghost when it was raining at night and as you drove down the hill.

People would swear they saw a ghost floating across the road. Others would say it was the reflection of the headlights on the puddles.

Sxmm12 likes this.