Ghosted..

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 6th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

I only asked as I was also confused, as MTR had said "...I know its not everything but he is a criminal lawyer, I have never heard of a poor lawyer." and you mentioned you knew several.

I was just confused about the possible variations, that was all... all in good fun though. :)

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Bump
    This ghosted thing pretty common, weird never hesrd aboit until my daughter got ghosted....

3. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

What do they say when neither person txt each other, mutual ghosting?

4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Is it really that common?

You posted about your daughter three years ago, the last response was in May 2016. So it can't be all that common.

I'm not sure what the term would have been pre-text era. Breaking up but not having the guts to do it face to face? Dropped cold perhaps?

Phantom likes this.
  5. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Pretty common these daya i feel.

As per my "is ignoring the new norm" thread,

It seems its just easier to cut all contact rather than to state their feelings or end it.

When i was on the dating scene, the number of times the girl would stop replying in the middle of a conv or even a sentence was countless

Or maybe i was just as boring

Last edited by a moderator: 5th Feb, 2019
    marty998 and MTR like this.
  6. marty998

marty998 Well-Known Member

I allow for a certain level of ghosting when talking on tinder and bumble. Having come to expect it I'm not disappointed when it happens. I don't think feelings don't even come into it - I just find it plain rude.

It's easy to sit here though and wonder "why don't they just say "nope, not interested"", but I guess many women may have run into guys who don't take no for an answer and hence they feel like they have to simply cut all contact?

TMNT and MTR like this.