So getting close to my first buy and wanting to get people's thoughts on my strategy. Background * 12 months ago I decided I wanted to invest in a property. Was going to go H&L but decided against it thankfully. * Gave myself 6-9 months to research and analyse the property market and joined somesoft four weeks before it shut down. * Went to Melbourne about a month ago checking out different suburbs - chucked a few offers down but they didn't go through. On a side note, just about to find out who Sam picks on the Bachelor - nervous times. Financial situation * Total income with my wife - $130k. Should hopefully grow to about $170k within the next 2 years. * PPOR in Perth - value is $500k and am about to unlock circa (love that word) $160k of equity through my awesome PC broker. And will be splitting my PPOR and equity loans through all the sweet tax hints Terry has provided. The 1 year Plan * Wanting to buy two properties in the next six months - one in Melbourne and then in Brisbane - approximately $400k each using deposits from my equity loans (I'll be going 88% LVR on both investment loans so about $50k desposits and $25k for stamp duty and other costs so eating up most of my equity loans - the remaining portions will be cover any property expenses through the ol' recycling of debt) * Purchase in Melbourne (within 15km of the City) will be through a buyers agent (through a bit of research but feel I need some help for my first one to give me confidence as I lean towards being risk averse). * Purchase a house in Brisbane which will be done myself after leveraging experience and knowledge from my buyers agent and of course, further research and consultation with PC. The 3 year Plan * Buy a total of 4 good valued IP's (this includes the two above) within the next three years before we start to have kids - she will be a stay-a-home mum. The 10 year Plan * Continue to build my property portfolio (all long term holds) but will reassess as so many things will change within the next few years Back to my side note, Sam just picked Szhzhna - what a cliff-hanger. Questions 1. Where are the holes? What would you guys do differently in this situation? 2. If my initital properties don't grow, and I struggle to raise enough for another cash deposit, I feel that I'll be stuck with these two propeties (or my PPOR) until one of them grows. I often feel you need a bit of luck to get past the first few IP's quickly. Thoughts?