Getting a sore neck ...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lizzie, 25th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

You do understand Dershowitz is a big Trump supporter? He's had dinner with Trump. He is brought and heard out on CNN and often argues in favour of Trump? Hardly unbiased.

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

So what??? I posted this because what he said is logical and makes sense, regardless of whether he likes Trump or not. Its about due process and civil liberties.

Dems don't get this but voters do

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

He has a 180 degree opposite stance on many issues to do with due process. That doesn't mean he is right. He will often be on with his old pupils, now well regarded lawyers, and they disagree with his stance on many things. Until something is tested in the courts, there is no degree of accuracy on whether something can be done.

He is an angry old man who thinks he is still the law professor, but the lawyers who disagree with him are in their 50s and no longer have to dance to his tune. Until a case is tested in the court, he is not right, and neither are they.

Lizzie likes this.
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

The United States Constitution, especially its Bill of Rights, protects civil liberties. The passage of the Fourteenth Amendment further protected civil liberties by introducing the Privileges or Immunities Clause, Due Process Clause, and Equal Protection Clause.

5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I am assuming you've posted this in reference to Kavanaugh ... so please explain why Trump insists Ford is a liar when there has been no due process ... why Trump constantly calls for Hillary to be "locked up" when she has been proven innocent ... why Trump called for the death penalty for five proven innocent black kids ... and the countless other occasions when he's made wild and inaccurate accusation simply to fire up his followers

Dem's totally "get it" - I don't think Trump does

6. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Based on all the off topic posts which have been removed - I think this thread is too broad for people to understand what the topic is.

I'm going to close it - but people should feel free to start a new thread about a more specific topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.