Getting a sore neck ...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lizzie, 25th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

... from watching all these train wrecks coast by.

First Papadopolous - then Gates - then Flynn - then Manafort - then Cohen - now Kavanaugh

Brett Kavanaugh: third woman expected to make accusations of sexual misconduct

Each one Trump "stuck by" and were "good people" - until proven without a doubt, in a court of law (Kavanaugh's time will come) that they were otherwise - then they were promptly thrown under the train itself.

Then there's the slightly "outer" inner circle - Mooch - Collins - Hunter - Ross - Price - Pruitt - Carson

It's no coincidence that Trump is surrounded by criminals

I think I'm going to run out of popcorn

Last edited by a moderator: 25th Sep, 2018
    wylie likes this.
  2. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Garlic harvest soon so all good.

I thought the thread is about physical sore neck - hubby just bought something called hypervolt to help with muscle soreness (it's a percussion massager, it's like getting lightly punched several hundred times a minute)

Angel likes this.
  3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I thought you have a sore neck from watching the Liberal Party antics at home here.

4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

That too!

Did have to laugh yesterday at a Labour MP criticising the LNP at not paying the "deficit off fast enough" ... ummmm ... the Labour Party is the reason there is a deficit.

Disclaimer: not a fan of the LNP at the moment either

craigc, luckyone, EN710 and 1 other person like this.
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Lol
    Nah.... this will kill you, time to find a new hobbie....

6. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

That was a given ... Trump's given himself a Kavanaugh "out" at the last minute, despite vehemently backing him up until now.

7. Alain

Alain Well-Known Member

The whole Kavanaugh thing escalated quickly, from groping someone as a drunk teenager to gang rape

8. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Sure did - now with 4 women testifying - and memo's surfacing from his time investigating the Clinton affair, proving he ordered a colleague to contact the media with a "leak", contravening the law of secrecy required in such investigations.

Outta popcorn - gotta start on the cheezels

9. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

In a single sentence, belittling the initial event and exaggerating the final accusation.

Joynz, Ambit and wylie like this.
  10. Alain

Alain Well-Known Member

MTR likes this.
  11. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

My apologies, I hadn't seen the latest reports. I've spent many hours by a hospital bed today.

I did feel that "groping somebody as a drunk teenager" was belittling the claims. Whether the claims have substance is a different matter entirely, and that's what will be examined.

This is not about collusion because it's an investigation into a candidate for the supreme court. Collusion is one of the things the Mueller investigation is examining, not the Kavanaugh hearings.

Joynz likes this.
  12. Alain

Alain Well-Known Member

No need to apologise, you were correct i was belittling. I just find it funny/scary that an unsubstantiated allegation about drunken teenage groping can come out 40 years later and stop someone getting a job. I know other more righteous people will disagree.

The collusion thing was me just being a d*ck and having a jab about the whole Mueller investigation. No one has been charged with collusion yet.

Hope the hospital bed thing isn't serious.

CowPat and MTR like this.
  13. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Pretty sure a whole bunch of unrelated women don't sit around and make up stories, plant seeds of evidence every decade or so, that "might" be required some 40 years later ... but to give you a bit of context. 3/4 of sexual abuse and rape cases are never reported - less than 5% of cases bought to trial end in a conviction (even when proven guilty) despite the women having to relive the most horrific episode in the lives.

The guys get off scot free with a wrist slap or good behaviour bond - whereas a women has to live with the shame and guilt and disgust and every other damaging emotion such an event causes ... for the rest of her life!

I give you a little story - as none of the other players are on the forum - but out of four of my immediate female family members ... one was raped by her older cousins at age 8 - one was abused by the elderly neighbour at aged 5 - one was abused by her paternal grandfather aged 15 ... not one of them was reported to police ... the one that was 8 was still tormented and on anti-depressants at age 50 and has told no one but myself - the one that was 5 is still struggling with confidence and self worth aged 52 and has told no one but myself - the one that was 15 broke down under huge emotional strain and told her father at age 25, which caused a massive family rift amongst the father's siblings, but she came out the least scarred ... I personally was raped by my ex-husband towards the end of the marriage (but I guess that doesn't count).

All the other perps are now long dead so there is no point in pointing fingers. All I can suggest is counselling - but they are not in a head space, even now, to revisit the horror of being so vulnerable and dominated and humiliated

Now - as a bloke - you cannot tell me that women just "get over it" - was all "a bit of fun" - and ask "why it took so long to say anything?"

These Kavanaugh women obviously felt they had no choice but to say something about a man who was going to be elected into one of the highest positions in the land, for the rest of his life, where he has freedom to decree and enforce laws and rules about women, violence, rape and abortion.

They have since received death threats and direct aggression and have had to go into hiding under police guard - and you wonder why they didn't come out earlier?

Last edited: 27th Sep, 2018
    luckyone, Joynz, Toon and 4 others like this.
  14. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

... and before any assumptions are made ... both generations were upper middle class, private school and bought up by tough/fair and loving parents

15. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Before anyone belittles the "grope" - remember the alleged act start with "pinned down .. " ... the legacy of which is:

Power Control Aggression - helplessness fear desperation despair shame

Joynz likes this.
  16. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Well - he didn't last long before breaking down and crying - and then getting angry. Guilty people often go on the emotional defensive, thrashing around trying to deflect, when caught out.

Barely 10 minutes into the interview.

Anger—How We Transfer Feelings of Guilt, Hurt, and Fear

17. Alain

Alain Well-Known Member

So that's it he's guilty. Well go get Bill Clinton he had six women claim rape, not groping but rape. Justin Trudea has also been accused of groping, lock him up too

Hashtag# believe all woman because women are righteous Gods that never lie? Lets do away with innocent till proven guilty, let's remove due process let's just have mob justice because of gut feelings?

Oh but they had death threats, Kavanaugh has been getting death threats since the day they thought Trump was going to nominate him as a supreme court judge.

A dangerous precedent is being set here, sexual assault has now become politically weaponised and while you're all cheering from the side because it hurts Trump it's going to end up screwing everybody.

Added bit, what do you think is going to happen when democrats are going to appoint a supreme court judge. Remember Democrats are the party of the pure, the intelligent, the progressive, the better. Republicans are immoral, deplorable lying scumbags. Pandoras box has been opened and it's going to be a sh*tfight but hey as long as Trump gets screwed right

Last edited: 28th Sep, 2018
    Doncossack, CowPat, 738 and 2 others like this.
  18. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

All people want is that it be investigated by the FBI. Republicans want this rushed through because there are important judgements coming up in October that they want a 5/4 (Republican majority) result (currently it will be 4/4).

When there is someone else in the room who could be asked by the FBI, why wouldn't that person be asked under oath "what happened"? That would avoid the "he said, she said" situation.

Anita Hill's FBI investigation took three days. She wasn't believed. He got onto the bench. Why can't the Republicans agree to a short FBI investigation if they believe he is innocent?

If your daughter was the person claiming to have been assaulted, would you think differently? I wonder?

luckyone, qak and Lizzie like this.
  19. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

Are you saying this man is guilty?
    Where is the proof?
    I heard the whole testimony this morning and as far as Im concerned he has a very strong case of being innocent. The accuser has named people who were supposedly witnesses and they have all denied either knowing the accused and or of the party in question ever being held or that they and or the accused had even attended.
    Where is the proof?

This man cried when recounting memories of his father and how his own 10yr old daughter said she'd pray for the accuser. His life and that of his family has been destroyed by these allegations that as so far baseless, un-corroborated and witnesses have denied the accusations. He and his wife have also had death threats, hate mail let alone the hate and vitriol outpouring from the democrats and they complicit media.
    Absolutely disgusting, totally against the constitution and the rule of law that a person is innocent until proven guilty.

Orion, Doncossack, 738 and 1 other person like this.
  20. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

western politics are boring, where is the fun, at the end, rich get richer politicals walks away with a golden parachute or handshake.. Child's play.

asian/middle east/african & to some extend south america politic is where the real drama is.. people end up in jail or die if you are on the losing side.

This is where the real high stake game is.

Feel free to shoot.. but dont miss... :)

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.