Sports & Fitness Getting a personal trainer Again !!!

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Terrychris, 4th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

Hey terrychris,
    My dad was a big man probably the same weight as you and he started on the Adam mcdougall man shake diet. He signed up and they sent him a program to do easy exercises as well as healthy eating meals. He lost 13kg in just over 2 weeks. He said he feels like he has more energy to do things and is motivated to do more. I started on them as well as I was 93kg and I'm now down to 84kg but haven't been as strict as what I could be over the Xmas break. Anyway I think it is worth a shot and I highly recommend it. Good luck.

2. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Nice work! Careful on getting up so early though. Sleep is waaay more important than exercise for health and weight loss.

I think 30mins is the right amount of time for a workout, so you're bang-on there. Weight and lifting wise, it doesn't matter how big you go, as long as you're maintaining good form and feeling muscle fatigue at the end of each set. Bigger weights mean bigger potential for injury.

******* like that older guy are soo common in gyms. I have no idea why they think you'd want to hear their opinion.. People like him keep a lot of others away from gyms.

Stay your course, you're doing great!

Perthguy, Redwing and Propagate like this.
  3. Terrychris

Terrychris Well-Known Member

Yes might look at these shakes,Hopefully they wont put weight on though as i would mix it with skim milk.
    13 kg seems too much to lose quick though in 2 weeks

4. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Don't do it. The shakes thing is a man-rort. Stay off the milk!

5. Property Hoarder

Property Hoarder Well-Known Member

Good luck.

As someone who has just lost 25kg. Find what works for you. Do not go to hard and burn out, you will be back in the same place. You need to find and do the things that you will continue.

Mine was diet and just walking. I walk 30 mins before work 30 at lunch and 30 after work.

Perthguy, Joynz, Phase2 and 1 other person like this.
  6. TadhgMor

TadhgMor Well-Known Member

+this!
    Same here, 8kg down in 6 months, wife... 10kg down as well. We do a 7km round trip walk into town and back every morning. 45min each way.

We've always eaten healthy but we were just eating too much. Get yourself an app like MyFitnessPal and count the calories for a while. You'll be surprised how much energy is in some foods !

Phase2 and WattleIdo like this.
  7. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

^^ THIS!!!

@Terrychris Don't touch the shakes mate. They work for some, but they are loaded with sugar and/or artificial sweetners! Add milk and you're loading up the calories. You've lost 4kgs in 2 weeks already, so what you're doing is working.. just keep at it and before you know it you'll be out buying new pants because your old ones won't stay up!

Joynz and WattleIdo like this.
  8. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

If he lost 13kg In 2 weeks, he was retaining a hell of a lot of fluid!

9. wobbycarly

wobbycarly Well-Known Member

I guess the fan was running...

158 likes this.
  10. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

I'm on a Caveman Diet

If I cant catch it or harvest it, I'm not eating it

The local snails and turtles have been a bonus, when everyone's out at work I've been raiding local fruit trees like a good caveman, mowing the lawn with a pair off scissors provides both exercise, sustenance and roughage, ketosis has also kicked in and I'm not as hungry nowadays

Neighbours rabbits better learn how to get out of their cage and out run me Caveman-Catching-Rabbit.png

WattleIdo likes this.
  11. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

Me too. I am finding that catching the frozen chicken breasts at the shops doesn't make me run too fast, so not sure I'm getting enough exercise doing it this way?

Redwing likes this.
  12. skater

skater Well-Known Member

@Terrychris, it's good you've made a start, but look carefully at what you are eating. If you change to drinking water & just remove 4 things from your diet, you will see amazing results. Basically anything white.....sugar, rice, pasta, potatoes.

WattleIdo likes this.
  13. Brian84

You can not have as many shakes if you don't want to lose it this quick. You don't mix it with milk. You mix it with water and it turns into a milkshake/ thick shake consistency depending how much powder you put in and if you use tap water or cold filtered water through a water machine.

14. Brian84

How is it a rort?

15. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

16. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I'm glad it's worked for your Dad and for you too. Would take a lot of discipline and determination to achieve the results your Dad did.
    In reality, it's the mindset, not the powder that does the work. Perhaps he isn't a yo-yo dieter, like so many.
    Also, I was around in the 80's when all those protein powders came in to help guys bulk up. Really, most don't need to supplement their diets with powders. Generalising here but girls get obsessed with how foods affect your body probably earlier than boys so that by the time they reach adolesence many know that a protein powder is not the 'magic bullet'. Also, powders are targeted at men because of their convenience. For anyone looking for a very simple solution, a powder to reduce weight or bulk up can work temporarily and probably only once or twice. After that, my bet is that you'll open the tin and use one scoop and then the full tin will sit in your cupboard untouched for 5 years.
    On top of all that are the unknown substances in the powder. You are receiving concentrated amounts of who knows what. Sugar, dairy, chemicals?, preservatives?. All of which are not helpful to the concept of treating your body as a temple.
    And perhaps there are allergies which are causing the body to bloat up. Leaky gut (sugar), lactose intolerance just to name a couple of the very common problems brought on by our abundant diets.
    Not at all saying that this didn't work in your situation - clearly it did and you are simply suggesting something with which you have seen success.
    But in general, powders are a rort marketed at men.
    Don't worry, there are at least twice as many rorts marketed at women. o_O

TerryN and Redwing like this.
  17. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Hope everyone have been drinking heaps of water! drank 3.6 litres of water yesterday but it was needed because lost alot due to the heat.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia