Sports & Fitness Getting a personal trainer Again !!!

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Terrychris, 4th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I really hope you get there, its an epidemic in our society.

Exercise is important but what you put in your mouth is just as important, you need both.

I have a suggestion, Weight Watchers have a brilliant program, they have stood the test of time, no fad diets, just healthy balanced program, designed by dieticians to meet certain criteria, brilliant support systems/forum, app.

No food is off limits, its about balancing food and exercise. Dependent on the size of the person perhaps lose 1 kg per week or more. Its also about preparing delicious meals so you need to put the effort and time into this but it could pay off big time.

All the best

Mtr;)

2. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

What @Ace in the Hole said...

I'd just focus on 1 win at a time though. I'd suggest fixing your sleeping regime and diet before doing any types of workouts.

Most important factors in permanent weight loss are:
    1. SLEEP!
    2. Diet
    and in a distant 3rd.. exercise.

I lost over 25kg last year and I did bugger-all exercise to achieve it (mostly because I kept getting hit with every virus going around my kids school!). I know you didn't ask, but I'll share my regime with you anyway.

I set my alarm for 10pm to make sure I was in bed by 10:30pm, and set my morning alarm for 6:00. I've always considered myself a night-owl, but I like this much better. It's also nice to wake up early and take the dog for a walk.

I also started using a calorie tracker to make sure I was maintaining a calorie deficit.

I also fasted for 20-24hrs, 2x a week (drinking only black coffee and water during the fast). The biggest benefit I got from it was that I stopped craving sugar, and learned that hunger is something I can control. Look-up "Eat-Stop-Eat" by Brad Pilon. The fasting method he uses is freely described and won't cost you anything to try it. The book debunks a lot of dieting myths and shows how fasting actually works but Brad also emphasises 'find whatever it is that works for you'.

That's pretty much it. I still eat pizza and burgers but I make them myself, I still also ice cream but I just don't have as much. The first bite is always the tastiest..

I exercise regularly now, but only because I want a healthier mind and body, not to lose weight. I'm focusing on mobility, flexibility and body strength. I also jump-rope for a HiiT workout.

skater, vbplease, JenW and 4 others like this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Good for you Phase2:)

4. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

5. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

You might even be lactose intolerant. Sometimes we get addicted to the foods that our bodies can no longer tolerate. Apart from the calories, it could be bloating you up.
    Won't hurt you to treat this as an addiction and by-pass the milk.

vbplease likes this.
  6. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

I think cardio is quite important for complete fitness.

Doesn't have to be torture, but should raise your heart rate.

mrdobalina and 158 like this.
  7. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

Heinz57 and WattleIdo like this.
  8. devank

devank Well-Known Member

I replaced heavy dinner (Unhealthy high carbohydrate) with extra brunch and fruits at nights + little bit of non carb.
    Reduced weight from 78.4 to 77.4 within three weeks.

WattleIdo likes this.
  9. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

mrdobalina likes this.
  10. wobbycarly

wobbycarly Well-Known Member

I hate running.

11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

me too

12. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

13. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Perthguy likes this.
  14. Terrychris

Terrychris Well-Known Member

Well i have lost 4kg in. 2 weeks going to the gym twice a day even at 3am !
    No havent cut my food down in fact eating more !!

But stayed off those cappuncino powder coffees they sell at Coles and stopped drinking 1 bottle of milk
    Mostly lifting weights , not much cardio

I cant lift much or for long periods of time so stay maybe 30 mins at a time with rest periods but im huffing and puffing so must mean im working out hard.

I was lifting 5kg dumbells doing front raises x 20 when this older guy comes up next to me and picks up 15kg dumbells and starts doing front raises next to me but he is making grunting noises and watching me out of the corner of his eye also doing front raises, he then says to me shouldnt you be doing cardio ?
    So now i put on headphones

Last edited: 12th Jan, 2017
    JenW, MTR, WattleIdo and 2 others like this.
  15. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Should have said to him "shouldn't you be taking it easy at your age?" @Terrychris he sounds like a right prick.

Well done for making a start and dropping the first weight, keep it up mate! Keep posting on here, even if you falter and stall or put a little on. Regular posting of your results, regime, diet etc on this thread will give you someting to keep you honest and accountable to during those times you start to feel like it's not working or all a bit too hard.

Make 2017 your year!

Perthguy and mrdobalina like this.
  16. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Just be careful of training safe and having a good warm down to minimise possible injuries.

I am currently off training atm due to a fractured finger but it was a good wake up call because it made me more motivated and determined to return to training and considering it was suspected that I had two broken fingers, it was a good outcome to be the single digit only.

17. 158

158 Well-Known Member

How does a broken finger stop you from doing some form of modified training? You can still do at least something to continue to train/exercise.

pinkboy

18. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I wanted to but it's in stitches as well but yes, have been walking around but I don't really consider that training. Placed me out of action for a week, so going back next week.

19. 158

158 Well-Known Member

I put my thumb into a ceiling fan on New Years day. Broke the thumb and 14 stitches. 1 day off the bike, then I just wrapped it up tight in gauze tape to stabilize it plus wore the splint and back on the bike. Hurts like ****, but life is too short to be held up by inconvenient injuries! 20170111_114611.jpg

pinkboy

Redwing, mrdobalina and jins13 like this.
  20. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Yummy! I've being flipping people off all week because it was my middle finger

158 likes this.