Get neigbour permission for stormwater connection

Discussion in 'Development' started by melbourne171, 26th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. melbourne171

melbourne171 Well-Known Member

Will ask plumber have a look

2. lixas4

lixas4 Well-Known Member

Hi Melb. I had a similar issue at our place in caulfield east. Point of discharge was to the front of the block, with fall to the rear. Councils assets databases are not always accurate, especially in older areas. So i grabbed a shovel and dug up the back corners of our property and there you go, a drainage pit at each corner. Did a quick survey, prepared a plan, gave to council and they changed my point of discharge. If i didnt find it it would have caused issues, neighbours where objectors to development.

Sackie and melbourne171 like this.
  3. melbourne171

melbourne171 Well-Known Member

Thanks Lixas4. My situation is the same. Fortunately, we has found stormwater manhole in my block.

4. lixas4

lixas4 Well-Known Member

Good news.

Our firm has been involved with some drainage asset recording for a council in melb. It involves a surveyor walking around with a gps unit locating all pits that can be seen. Then back at council a GIS (geographic information system) officer sits at a computer and links all the pits located using old engineering drainage plans and a bit of guestimation.

In the newer areas a survey is completed after installation so accuracy is not an issue.