get more money in less time

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by daisy20202-7, 16th Feb, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. daisy20202-7

daisy20202-7 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone

Was wondering how someone could get a quick grand to pay for something they want or make more money to pay for everything without over working.

Reason for asking is sometimes like to stay in cabin and it costs money and sometimes would like to make a quick $500-$1000 to pay for it. What can you do to earn more without affecting centrelink but be truthful at same time and what can you do to get a quick grand.

Can see why ex hospitality workers aren’t returning and new people aren’t applying to that industry but instead choosing to do something in a different industry and think that the repeated lockdown and the time away made them realise how hard it was and also the time away and being on job keeper made them realise they can probably earn more on job keeper than working.

Also thinking it’s because they can get more money in fewer hours in other industries Am at a stage of wanting own space and realise that while it is possible on centrelink and part time work it’s not easy and you won’t have the spending money you got now and that’s one reason in many for wondering.

Am doing pretty good financially just sometimes would like to make a quick grand to pay for cabins every time and quickly come up with a house deposit in smaller time and and earn more without affecting centrelink but be truthful and earn more money in a lot less time to pay for more stuff.

What would be some ways to do it Am only hanging on to current job because of the current owners but realised that would probably get more money in less time in other industries. Would the reason for job hopping today be because people want more money and the only way may be is to change jobs.

What would be reason why younger generations always want more including money, the few make it bad for me whos just trying to improve things and needs more money to pay for it all even though they may be doing ok financially for the essentials.

How much do you need to earn a fortnight to be able to buy house and run a house and pay bills and have a life as well.

What are other reasons people have left hospitality and not returning or new ones not applying and the shortage.

Think it’s below, would that be right or bit of everything.

1. Are a bit tired and leave causing shortage where there’s not enough so more leave.

2. When they got shut down they had to try other things and found they can earn more money in less time in other industries and probably easier too.

3. Probably wanted a change anyway and weren’t going to be there much longer anyway and used the lockdown and made the change or revalued their work.

4. Older people decided to retire a bit earlier.

5. abuse has risen and also work has gotten harder.

6. Probably wanted something more stable that’s not going to get affected every time.

7. bit of everything.

Some examples below.

1. A girl in the uk who was 26 had been in hospitality for 8 years and had been on job keeper because of shut downs decided to change jobs after months on job keeper which made her re evaluate her work but however returned to industry and said being on job keeper and the time away made her re evaluate things.

2. A chef who’s not even 30 was a chef also from uk changed jobs during second lockdown after 8-10 years and said long hours in understaffed kitchens made his decision for him and said it was getting hard

Thanks

2. daisy20202-7

also how would you earn more without affecting centrelink but at same time be truthful

3. Properwin

Properwin Well-Known Member

How to make money without overworking, without affecting centrelink, and be truthful?

So no gambling, no crime, no easy money because of rich parents?

I look forward to someone answering this profound dilemma, as I would like to know too.

See Change likes this.
  4. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

@Properwin @daisy20202-7

1: channel investments through companies not personal. (Leave the money in the company)

2:lever your time to large investment.
    Eg buy a passive property investment.
    Your hourly rate is net profit / hours spent on the investment.

One passive investment I have for example I spent 5hrs on DD , etc buying .
    Next 6 years I have spent zero hours .
    So my hour rate is $3m/5 is $0.6m per hour

3: live off the repayment of the loans you provided the company when you set up the company.

Piston_Broke and See Change like this.
  5. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

We've made money with little effort at the time , but it's always involved work at some stage , to get the knowledge / to get deposits etc .

People who make a killing on a new app / IT app have to have the knowledge / skills to put their idea into creation , or the money to pay a Programmer to do it for them if they lack the skills.

Lots of people have made a lot of money through property in the last five years , but most have been working at it for a lot longer , building up equity and knowledge to be able to do that .

There are plenty of people on the web who are happy to tell you how to get rich quick , but you'll have to pay them before they'll tell you ...... :eek::eek:

Cliff

Corkey likes this.
  6. daisy20202-7

How much do you need to earn a fortnight to be able to buy house and pay bills and have a life.

how do you earn more and not affect centrelink and how do you work it with ato if self employed but at same time be truthful

how do you earn more money in less time, can see why hospitality workers are leaving and think it’s to do careers that pay more in less time and easier work

7. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Why worry about Centrelink? Wouldn't it be better to earn enough to not need Centrelink?
    Hospitality can be good work if you are on casual wages due to the 20% increase plus loading especially if you are working Sundays etc. It can be anti social hours but I found that if was at work then I wasn't out partying so I was ahead of the game earning money whilst my friends were out spending money.

8. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Exactly.

"I want to get my government benefits" = "I want to be poor enough to get handouts"

The Y-man

marty998, craigc and Lindsay_W like this.
  9. The Y-man

I think I am very lucky in that I've had white collar jobs that require no physical exertion and just talking to people and pressing buttons on a computer.

It was great for my wallet but horrible for my physical health though... and really paying for it now :(

The Y-man

10. The Y-man

$2000 per fortnight before tax.

My work colleague did it.

The Y-man

11. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I better work less then - I've always wanted to work 3 days on/7 days off :D

12. Properwin

Properwin Well-Known Member

Well the title of OP’s post is literally:

get more money in less time

So using that formula you better work less!

13. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Jim Rohn said it best:
    Become more valuable - to the marketplace.

Piston_Broke and Lindsay_W like this.
  14. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

If there was a simple answer everyone would be doing it.

15. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I heard of someone who used to acquire free or almost free items from op shops/marketplace, then resell them for a higher price. I also saw someone on Youtube get good quality furniture and strip it back to bare timber, repaint it trendy and sell for a profit.

16. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

There are plenty place looking for part time workers, most are paying $30-40hr or more.
    Hospitality has always been the go to. And often paid cash which they may or may not declare as income.

Not sure on CL rules but I think it was $160 per week earning without affecting payments.

Yep, many got much more from jobkeeper and jobseeker than they were earning so they gonna hate going back.
    And yes some industries like construction are desperate for more workers and willing to pay top $.
    Ya gonna need a job, or a few.
    Nothing wrong with part time or even sub contracting and now is the best time as nobody wants to go back to work and you get better pay.
    Generally people save for a few years for a deposit on a house, so you may have to choose bewtween cabins now or a house in a few years.

Nothnig wrong with wanting more money, but what value are you giving to get it?
    Do you have skills? Can they be improved on to earn more money?
    Can they be recognized by obtaining accredited qualifications?
    Can you get better or other qualifiactions?
    I would also recommend doing different jobs and getting different experiences and learning new skills.
    Same reason as any generation before. We all like lifestyles that cost money. Not necessarily obstentatious, but still nice.
    Well I reckon an income of around 100k (3846 fortnite) gross before tax is enough to live fairly comfy lifestyle and some non extravagant fun. As a couple things become cheaper and around $160k wil do it.
    Kids gonna cost a bit more.
    It can be done with less depending on inclinations such as camping, back yard veggies etc.
    Hospitality can be a tough slog, especially for those in back room operations like cooks and kitchen hands. Can also be great if you like meeting people, enjoy traveling etc.
    The work has been off and on last few years, no one knows if they gonna shut it all down again next month, people had to move on to pay their bills. Older people close to pension age may just not go back to work for a few years.
    But if you work in hospitality this could be an opportunity. Staff shortage = better conditions.
    As new workers eg students come into the industry venues gonna need people with experience to train and manage and supervise them.
    I would hang on longer if I was in this industry and had a few years experience. It may have bottomed out.
    And you could move to better paying venues/events.

As people posted above (yeah they fuddy duddies) CL may be an issue, you have to ween yourself off the government teet. Maybe as a process, fill in your forms every fortnight and if you have a quiet period they'll top it up. Eventually you could be making much more.
    Minmum wage for a retail worker is now $827 per week, $1654 (1065 after tax & super) fortnite to work at Coles, Woollies or Bunnings.
    Like hospitality they have a very intenerant workforce, so if you like it and hang in there you'll make more.

And what I believe is a must, is a side hustle. Somethig you really like doing and can make some income as well.

17. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

Young people need guidance, of which there is very little out there.
    Yeah many are lazy snowflakes etc but often cause their parents started the process then the schools made it worse and then social media screwed them up completely. As a generalization Gen X has failed as parents.
    I think it's great that a young person would ask such questions.

Working at a desk or in a cubicle for a few days is the worst possible work i could think of. Doing it for years I think is hell on earth, or even worse.

Yep, that's the plan. Work smarter not harder.

18. daisy20202-7

When you go to places that look nice done up or have only recently been built that makes a 20 year old place feel out of date would it likely be because younger generations want best of everything or would it likely be because many people had same thing for 20 years and decide why not treat yourself to something new?

the house that am living in is 20 years old and while it’s a great home for its age it feels a bit out of date and when you go to 4 star accomodation places of accomodation places that have led downlighting and newer things you can really tell the difference.

the particular house might feel newer than it’s age if it had a paint job and a few jobs done but owner can’t afford the things it needs and don’t want to spend thousands on someone else’s house when you could put it towards your own.

Another reason that the house may feel out of date is because you’re trying to hang on until you can buy your own where it’s worth putting money into a old house being yours and make do like past generations did even though not many do that now.

There’s recently been transportable houses built in copper coast area where people have bought blocks and got transportable homes from selecta or rivergum sent there instead of cement base homes and wondered how those people likely went about loans for blocks and building transportable homes rather than blocks and building concrete base ones.

emailed selecta and they said most banks usually are ok if you meet their conditions.

Reason for wondering about the financial side and centrelink is because got dsp which will be permanent and you can only earn so much before it starts to affect it and most banks generally are ok with some centrelink types as a income if you work part time with aged and dsp being one of them.

guessing you can work part time for yourself if income is regular.

how do you earn a bit more without affecting centrelink but at same time be truthful.

19. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

What do you want, earn more money or still receive centrelink?
    I think you need to decide that for yourself.

wylie likes this.
  20. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Surely we are being trolled?

Optimus likes this.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.