Education & Work Get back to work already..!

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Sackie, 3rd Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Tifoso

Tifoso Well-Known Member

With 2 sites together currently costing me about 6k in holding costs per month currently on hold, and 2 more beginning in January, I say GET BACK TO WORK!!!

Sackie, Westminster and D.T. like this.
  2. Joshwaaaa

Joshwaaaa Well-Known Member

I think its great, a reason to be lazy. We shut down for 3 weeks over Christmas every year. Hardly any of our customers stay open so there is no real point. Just the last few weeks leading up to it can be hectic getting everything out for the ones that stay open

3. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Point taken and at the desk now refreshed from my Xmas holidays.

Sackie likes this.
  4. rhinsor

rhinsor Well-Known Member

Systems Operator, I make sure bank systems are always available.

1.5 or double time, I can't remember.

Sackie likes this.
  5. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

I love it. I enjoy the break. Only time of the year when things slow down.

Can't be all work and no play.

Cheers

Jamie

6. Johann_

Johann_ Well-Known Member

Life is short and not all about work... I did allot of work over the festive break and I also spent allot of time with the family....
    A good friend of mine who is a Carpenter did very well over the festive break. His motto was this... need me over this time pay me more lol.

Sackie likes this.
  7. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

There's nothing more I hate than hard work!
    Rest up while you can and enjoy the Sabbath
    No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au

Green light for kosher crossings
    AUSTRALIA'S first kosher pedestrian crossings will feature hi-tech detection sensors, allowing Orthodox Jews to cross busy Sydney streets safely during the Sabbath.

Sackie likes this.
  8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Thats awesome! Tired of waiting for someone to press the button. hehe

9. 380

380 Well-Known Member

seems like slab cant wait to get frames!:):):):):)

Sackie likes this.
  10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

haha..screw the frames.... i wanna get the entire thing done and dusted! :D Patience has never been my strong suit....or so my dad always reminds me..

11. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Hmm - not sure what you mean? Am I here purely for cashflow/sevicabilty to build weath?

I would have to say No. It is as much lifestyle as anything else. If it was purely wealth building I would have given it up a few years ago.

I work 6months of the year. For the other 6months of the year I generally travel. My airfares are fully paid for by the company. In 12months we have visited not less than 8countries and this has been a quiet year due to the fact that our son was born at the begining of the year.
    The vast majority of our household expenses are paid for. Housing, vehicle, utilities, phone/internet and most airfares etc. It allows us to have exorbanant disposable income.
    Yes - most of this is used to fund investments - however, it also allows us to live a very good lifestyle. My wife still works, but will likely stop at the end of 2016.

Returning to a 'normal' life is hard to get my head around. Although we are planning on returning to Australia in the next couple of years, Im not sure how long we will last there - before looking for another overseas base. My plan is to not work for at least 2years after my return.
    I love the Australian lifestyle, but Australia is not without its difficulties. The cost of living is so high, its hard to live a lifestyle which it has the potential to offer - unless you are seriously seriously wealthy.

In some ways I guess I have become so used to living in a 'challenging' environment, where everything is harder, that returning to the 'easy' life sounds a bit boring.

Blacky

Sackie likes this.
  12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

ahh ok I get you now @Blacky. Thats an amazing life you already have....6 months travelling the world all paid for..sounds like you are ALREADY living the life mate! Yeah i do agree with you about needing to be seriously wealthy to live a certain lifestyle in Australia, i was just talking about that with my partner the other day. If you have money here you can live like a king and if not..well like as you said cost of living can take its toll really and limit you to a very modest lifestyle.

Anyway sounds like you have it all planned out and much to look forward to!

Thanks for sharing.

13. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

My law firm doesn't shut down over the Christmas/ New Year break, there is too much going on in the conveyancing department.

Lots of my lawyers in wills, commercial and family law have a decent break as not a lot happens in those areas.

I did some level of work from my holiday apartment last week but the setting was nicer and I was wearing boardies at the time. We did use to close but found that although no one was in the office there was still several of us doing lots of work and we had people who are happy to work so they can take a holiday at a cheaper time.

Xenia likes this.
  14. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

hahahaha - yep - although, I ate heaps of garlic and only was mildly blergh for a couple of days (think the sleeping was more having my "spring sprung") whilst hubby, who doesn't eat much in comparison, was a wreck for over a week.

Well - the hols are definitely over as, due to a massive holiday period, some pretty large paste orders rocked up - along with some large garlic orders ... back into it today ... pity my paste container supplier is out of stock :rolleyes: ... have enough to get thru the current orders, but nothing much left over

15. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

This morning I attempted to log into my work PC using my forum name....o_O

ross100 and Sackie like this.
  16. ross100

ross100 Well-Known Member

Dubai will suit you Black ;)

17. HomePage

HomePage Well-Known Member

Not only do I want people to go back to work, but I also want kids to be back in school too. I much prefer venturing out of the home when it is quiet on the streets and in the shops, hence why my upcoming Tasmania lap by motorbike trip starts in early Feb.

D.T. likes this.
  18. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

We're back.
    Our agency runs on an emergency service and one office person during the Christmas - new year break. There is someone there but we use the time to catch up on things and get ready for the new year rather than every day business stuff.
    I was on holidays for around 10 days but the emergency number is my mobile and I ended up organising at least one emergency repair every single day - hot water systems, air conditioners, electrical faults. Normal maintenance like air conditioner services, re-adjusting oven doors etc.. was left till NOW. Consequently, our trades people go hard in first week of Jan.

19. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

My building was closed over the xmas break.
    I was pretty annoyed ;)