Gestures of good will in the current (economic) environment

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Traveller99, 19th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Traveller99

Traveller99 Well-Known Member

In these difficult times for some, what gestures of good will - economic or not - have you seen?

This could be from individuals, small or big business.

I know there are great people out there doing amazing things for others and we should try to recognise this amidst the noisy, gloomy media.

willair, samiam and shorty like this.
  2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I pledged to keep paying the monthly fees to my kid's gymnastics club even if it's shut down as I want them to be able to look after their staff, pay their rent and be around on the other side. For now they are still open but it may well need to shut it's doors for awhile

shorty likes this.
  3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

If you need some lightness go to The Kindness Pandemic on FB ... lots of lovely stories

4. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

We had a holiday booked to Fiji in about three weeks time which has all been paid for. The resort allowed us to postpone the trip for 12 months with no financial loss (assuming the resort doesn’t go bust in the next year and it is safe to travel in a years time!)

Jason

5. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

We have a Marrickville FB page. I put a post on there and suggested that Woollies had probably benefited enough from people and that it was time to support small local businesses. I made some suggestions and so did lots of others. Some small business owners chipped and said how grateful they were for the thread. No sure of the tangible benefit, but it lifted some people's spirits.

willair likes this.
  6. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

We decided not to increase the rent of our IPs this year despite agent's recommendation to do so
    (rental demand is/was very high in some parts of newcastle)