Trading George Fokas

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by MTR, 26th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Excalibur1

Excalibur1 Well-Known Member

Dont know who George is nor do I care, but what I do care is that he is charging for all this. Seriously with those returns he should be a billionaire. If he can consistently deliver those returns then he should leverage himself to the eyeballs and trade it away to become next George Soros.
    The truth is its hard to have those returns CONSISTENTLY. As some else pointed out the best in the world trade on ratio of 60/40. Where their wins are twice or 3 times their losses.

If you are really interested in trading Options / CFDs / FX then havea look at www.babypips.com as the first point of contact. Do their Pip School. It teaches the basics. Highly recommended!
    They also have a helpful forum just like PC, where a lot of people contribute their time and expertise for free. Some members even post their live trades so you know there is no bull ****.

As far as those gurus that talk about the Options its mostly to get money from seminars and not their own trading. I met someone like George in Syd on one of those seminars. The guys credentials checked out. I also met one of his colleges / partner there, who "is fed up working with big 4 banks and them taking all the money he made". He was selling his course for around 10k where he can teach you everything he knows.

When I told him that I would rather him trading my money since he is delivering consistent returns he said he was up for it but he will take 20% of the profits. He wanted proof that I had the funds, I showed him 1.5m in funds available to trade but my only condition was audited report by EY of his trading account that was consistently making returns, all of a sudden he was on "holidays" and busy to answer calls etc...

Even better thing was that I actually saw his colleague / partner in my building lift. We actually live in the same building! We started talking after he stepped off on my floor and he asked me what my returns were when i told him around 8-10% per year with minimum drawdown. He asked me if I was open to trading his funds.... ahhhh I wanted to throw him out of the window at that point.

Sorry about the rant, but just wanted to describe this with real life example. As someone else pointed out dont do options unless you plan to dedicate years of your life to it. Also if you are doing it just for the money, you will loose, if you listen to tips / tricks / get rich schemes you will loose. If you are serious about trading then spend at least a year full time studying and reading about it before you even put $1 in to it. When you are ready, then open a small account around 10k. If anyone suggests less than that if suggesting a very leveraged strategy. Trading is more about managing risk than anything else.

Stick to simple rules and keep things simple.
    Don't rely on trading "systems" or "Holy Grails". While they might work in one environment they wont work in another. Stick to price action and volume, don't try to beat the market but rather ride the wave. Also when you are comfortable with everything you read and learned you will realise yourself that in order to make living from it you will need at least 300k trading account. I initially thought that 50k would be enough as someone suggested previously, but soon realized that was not enough if you plan on risking only 1-2% of your trading account per trade.

All the best!