Geoff Wilson readies playbook for under-fire Contango LIC

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by twisted strategies, 11th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

2. monk

monk Well-Known Member

3. twisted strategies

GW is successful sure , but i buy LICs because i like the way the current manager plays his strategy

i bought WAX because that strategy suited ME , and didn't buy into his other lICs because i liked the way different managers achieved their outcomes

for example what becomes of the Wilson stable if GW retires

4. monk

monk Well-Known Member

I wonder that as well,though heard him say he was buoyed by the fact that Warren Buffet is still at it at 89. GW also says his 'team' follows their proven strategy & he has little to do with with most investment decisions these days, who knows. But yes, how much does the 'cult' of GW contribute to the purchasing of WAM products? He knows how to market his product. I do hold WAM,WLE & WMI though have been reducing some of these in favour of the index & old school LIC's.

twisted strategies likes this.
  5. twisted strategies

well in July 2016 i looked good for a lengthy healthy retirement , a medical check-up discovered a couple of issues by January 2017 i was on a full disability pension , and the medicos guessing if i will survive 2026 there is a very slim chance i will reach 80 even if i get a heart transplant

so what looked healthy 4 years ago can change fast .. and i don't even breakfast at MacDonalds every morning

BTW i am more a fan of the Milner stable preferring to buy into company's SOL has a major stake in , have had a nice couple of results from that

i also held HHL and HHV when Peter Hall was running hot .. that has not been such a happy story

Greedo, orangestreet and monk like this.
  6. IrishDigger

IrishDigger Well-Known Member

On the subject of good ole GW, I'm wondering and intrigued as to why he is so intent in going after KBC which has been under suspension for yonks.