Generation Rent - Another sob story

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by neK, 13th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

How can that be true.

You can still do a new build for around 350 inthe werribee wyndham area, corio i was looking at 200 not long ago. I was looking at a unit under 300 in syd suburb.

So is B S as rates are so low...it was harder buying cheaper places long ago.

Prob is as above some think they are entitled to certain things or areas.....I know what it is like.....so am not just talking with no exp.

I suggest changing mindset, work with the rules you have, you cant change the world to suit what you would like. I know people who have been saying they cant for 30 years, of course they cant.....they have convinced themselves....oh and 3 time my income mind you.

2. Brisbane04

Brisbane04 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that the nurse is full time and is on approx $30 per hour. He works a 76hr fortnight. If he was to work one extra shift per fortnight he would be entitled to 1.5 for the first 1.5 hrs = $67 and then 2.0 for the next 6.5hrs =$292 for a grand total of $360 gross. It's not a big bite out of your life to do an extra 4 hours a week. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that do extra hours a week and not get paid for it.

3. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Exactly.
    Old article, but I'm sure this kid has made more than the rest of us.
    The First Million: Cameron Johnson