General market qns (Brisbane)

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Pipsal, 7th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Pipsal

Pipsal Well-Known Member

1. With the oversupply of units in Brisbane, do townhouses/villas come into this or is it more high rise units this refers to?
    2. Has anyone noticed townhouse prices starting to trend upwards following the house price increases? I assume it has to happen to some degree in time, but not seeing it to a noticeable level in my areas yet.
    3. The inner/middle ring suburbs are referred to a lot but can’t find out what distance this would currently cover now and it’s different in each city....what are you all considering middle ring in Brisbane now (I have properties in north - Zillmere, Taigum....considered outer ring a few years ago, curious if this has changed at all?

2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

I am confused about this too. In my area of interest 4152 there is a noticeable increase.

Perhaps things that are house alternatives ( low set villa, semi detached) are going up steadily?

I don't think walk ups are any good. Nor hi rise.

Opinion only

3. QldKoolies

QldKoolies Well-Known Member

Oversupply of certainly rings true across all units in Brisbane but you’ll find the older established larger floor plan units in blue chips locations still sort after as they don’t build them like that any more. This really just means less time on market and maybe a little premium but they’re still affected price wise. Brisbane has such a low pop and good transport that it’s still all about land in my view.
    I watch the blue chip areas and can say that there is no big jump in prices for units in these areas like the detached houses. Although you do see good prices for well presented and well located units.
    In Bris I consider inner ring to be around 6km, middle between the city and around the satellite shopping districts (chermside, indro, carindale, brookside, garden city etc). Other side of 10kms I’d consider outer ring.

Sackie likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia