NSW General idea before buying a land with no services

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by RJS, 26th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. novice

novice Well-Known Member

Ya is that (connections) usually included in the site cost by builder?
    I checked that link posted by RJS, doesnt seem a housing estate or off plan to me actually its not really clear.

2. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

It's a great learning experience for you then. Start again with the agent move into the conveyancer, then council/service provider.

For new estates it isn't included in the building contract as site costs, its usually its own line item in the contract. If there is a builder display or advertising nearby contact the builders salesperson and ask them.

3. novice

novice Well-Known Member

I have not decided on a specific builder and house yet. so far I have just secured my plot and done some free serviceability assessment through few brokers of total borrowing amount . I will start taking quotes from builders soon.. any advice on what sort of questions to ask? I mean usually what builders hide in their price quote?

4. novice

novice Well-Known Member

price looks good for the area. services are not connected so may be you have some negotiation power.. make sure you ask lots of question when you go see the land physically.. if the agent dodges questions then probably somethings is wrong! good luck and post updates. I am sorry I hijacked your thread for a bit and took it off topic. my apologies @RJS

5. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

Don't worry, the sales rep will find things to talk about. Lol. You'll take about what is included in the quote. You'll find out whether it's a fixed price or just an estimate. The rep will usually want a commitment fee to start preparing the build contract.

6. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Will post updates. again. any questions to fish out of the agent would be appreciate

7. New2prop

New2prop Well-Known Member

Biggest risk in this area is flooding. Unless you can see your piece of land and the estate in an elevated area, I would be careful about buying it. Check Blacktown council's flood zone info. Also, I suggest driving around the area and noticing the flood risk boards across many roads on the areas. Once I did this, I stopped thinking of Riverstone.

Just walk to the nearby estate where they are selling plots and ask them why to buy in their estate as against buying the one you are thinking of and they will rattle off some negatives to consider. Add them to your DD checklist! My 2 cents.

Good luck.

RJS and novice like this.
  8. novice

novice Well-Known Member

yeah sales rep can talk...! many years ago I went for an interview for customer service turns out it was telesales position , they asked me If I could sell ice to the eskimos , I said why eskimos would want to buy Ice? lol... i was annoyed as the recruiter advertised the position as customer service.. obviously I didnt get the job.

tobe likes this.
  9. novice

novice Well-Known Member

great advice

10. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Appreciate your pointers New2prop. Cheers

New2prop likes this.
  11. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Also, for a decent house and granny dwelling. what is the miminum land required? Yes it is subject to council approval, but what would be a decent size land?