Geelong / Wollongong or Brisbane

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Momobi, 30th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. couq

couq Well-Known Member

Looks a pretty good deal mate. Just make sure you know what you can build but that works out to be 90k per block.

HapppyChat likes this.
  2. Jasper

Jasper Well-Known Member

Norlane is ok if you're looking to sell straight away. If you're looking to keep it as a rental, Norlane is a SCARY place with SCARY people. Seriously, you couldn't pay me to have tenants in Norlane. It wouldn't be worth the trouble of murder, ice and weirdos.

HapppyChat likes this.
  3. Butterfly88

Butterfly88 Well-Known Member

4. Brendon

Brendon Well-Known Member

I saw this house on realestate.com and absolutely loved it!
    It just looks like it would've when it was new.

Don't know much about the price but think it was such a rare house was probably just a case of it's for a PPOR and they were willing to pay whatever to get it done.

I said to my GF if I was looking for a house to live in I would pay over the odds because it's so different, not sure about that much over though.

5. Tranquilo

Tranquilo Well-Known Member

Go Hamlyn Heights go:) thanks @Butterfly88. I can see Hamlyn Heights reaching 500k median

6. Jasper

Jasper Well-Known Member

I cannot believe it sold for that much!!! Wtf!

I know Hamlyn Heights is popular, but I don't understand why it's priced above Herne Hill which is closer to the city. I think the blocks might be a bit bigger and the old houses a little nicer. But some are overpriced imo.

7. Dave3214

Dave3214 Well-Known Member

Depends on where to some extent, but i have lived in Dunloe Ave in my PPR for over 7 years with no issues....and that includes my usual shopping trips to Corio Village Coles usually around 10-11pm because i work strange hours. A lot of the issues are as Tony Abbott would say, 'Baddies vs Baddies' If you're not involved in bad stuff..or more particularly your tenants aren't, then there should be no issues at all. Vetting of tenants thought might be a wise move.

If only we can catch this Northern suburbs graffiti ******* though....seriously whoever that is defacing properties from Separation St up towards Corio, it would be good if he fell off a log and landed with the spray can up his backside!

For HappyChat, Norlane is (along with Corio and Lara), the closest regional areas to Melbourne that get both the increased FHBG and the stamp duty exemption. This article is interesting talking about the quite expensive Williams Landing, and how stuff most city areas take for granted are rather sparse in this new area.

Williams Landing residents cry out for a school and community hub

It's mentioned that there's one school within 10 kilometres of where this bloke who is interviewed lives. Amazing absence of regular stuff that certainly in most of Geelong's case we take for granted. Despite the allure of a greenfields new estate, buying in an established area has it's advantages.

HapppyChat, MikeyBallarat and josh123 like this.
  8. Mauve

Mauve Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a solicitor in Geelong to assist with documents related to sale of property- section 32, sales contract etc?

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia