G'Day

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by andyfev, 20th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. andyfev

andyfev Member

G'Day All,

Just introducing myself, Andy, to PC. Never properly "invested" in property before besides our home that my wife I purchased together. Looking to educate ourselves in the next year or so and stumbled across the excellent resource. With that said, big thank you to everyone that participates in knowledge share on PC.

The story thus far: Live in Sydney, married with two young children. Purchased our first home pre-children, which was a two bedroom unit in Sydney's Northern Beaches back in 2007. Sold in 2012 to upgrade to a house and was fortunate to experience generic and manufactured capital appreciation (market gains and a full reno).

Purchased our current home, again in the Northern Beaches area, in 2012 where we have been since. Thank goodness we moved when we did as there is zero... zip... zilch chance we could afford the property we purchased in today's market.

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

@andyfev - sounds like you did take action, which is key. When houses are selling for $900k+ in Mount Druitt, I don't blame anyone saying they couldn't do it in the current market. Can relate!
    Property Chat is the best resource for property out there and the collective experience of it's members is amazing - power of association. Also suggest looking at www.somersoft.com - which is the previous / archived forum and is also an incredible resource for a long time to come. Personally finding Somersoft was the best thing that happened for us.

3. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

Welcome Andy

Hope you enjoy the forum.

It took me an hour to write my intro. I was petrified.

They are a nice bunch.

I am a scaredy cat.

Jamie Moore likes this.
  4. andyfev

andyfev Member

@Property Twins and @Ross Forrester Apologies for my late reply. Let's just say my time input into any property is pretty poor at the moment... same old story that the primary employment pays the bills at the moment and demands greater input... hoping to change this balance over the coming years. Thank you for the welcome wishes and link to another excellent resource.

Ross Forrester likes this.
  5. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Welcome aboard :)

You've stumbled across an awesome place.

Cheers

Jamie