G'day!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rumpelstilzli, 19th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rumpelstilzli

Rumpelstilzli Member

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time follower of the Somersoft and PropertyChat forum and was riding on a friend's coattails for a while to learn the ropes. Found this to be a great experience and a fast-tracked way into property investment. Without him, I would never have bought my first property at the start of the GFC :)

While I thought I 'knew it all' after the first purchase, I learned quickly that I didn't and that it was much more about finance than I initially realised.

I now own a few properties across a number of states and while 'buy and hold' is my main strategy, I did sell one previously and found it to be a very interesting experience to be on the 'other side'.

I consider myself quite risk averse and have therefore been playing in the market of up to ~$400k.

Just recently I moved to VIC and plan on actively participating in this forum and pursuing more properties.

Cheers,

Rumpel

Gockie, Jess Peletier and larrylarry like this.
  2. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Welcome @Rumpelstilzli. Sounds like you have a solid, diverse portfolio there :)

Is your next purchase a near term goal or a bit later down the track?

3. Rumpelstilzli

Rumpelstilzli Member

Thanks guys.

@Steven Ryan - probably in about 6-9 months. I'm waiting to see what the RBA is going to do and which political party ends up steering the ship for a bit.

4. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Welcome Rumple
    X

5. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

@Rumpelstilzli - plenty of time to devour posts on here and be ready to make a move when the time comes :)

6. peastman

peastman Well-Known Member

Hi @Rumpelstilzli
    Welcome to the forum.
    If you are interested in getting to know some of us a bit better, we regularly have a bit of a get together. Melbourne East group meets on the 2nd tuesday each month at a suburban pub, the next one will be on 14th June, probably in Fairfield. Melbourne West meet at different times.
    Full details are posted here Networking & Meetups

There is no cost (other than optional meal or drink) and no agenda, just come along and chat to other property people.

7. Rumpelstilzli

Rumpelstilzli Member

Thanks @peastman - sounds like a great idea and I'll check it out!

8. 733

733 Well-Known Member

When you explore potential broker services we have some very talented brokers on this forum who will work with you to achieve your goals and are there for the long haul