QLD GC central - vacancy rates

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Jockosaurus, 22nd Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jockosaurus

Jockosaurus Well-Known Member

Heya

My 4+3+2 townhouse at Miami becomes vacant at the end of January and trying to work out what rent I should ask. Has been at $685 since Jan 2020 and PM says $850-900 is now realistic*. But there seems to be extrememly limited rental stock on the market in the Miami/ Burleigh area. I live in Brisbane- anyone local able to comment on the competition for rentals ATM?

* Current tenants are moving out, whole other story there.

tx in advance.

2. GirlPower

GirlPower Well-Known Member

I am local and about to redo a lease for a 3 bed duplex we have in Miami. The agent is right you are looking at some amazing rental returns now. There is not much for rent in Miami at moment. Is it an older place? I saw Realty Blue are trying to rent a 3 bed single story duplex for $910 a week. That seems absolutely crazy but if people are willing to pay it!

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-duplex+semi-detached-qld-miami-433137334

I am not going to go crazy as our tenants pay the rent always and I am happy to keep them in there .

Travelbug likes this.
  3. Jockosaurus

Jockosaurus Well-Known Member

Thanks GP. My place (20 years old but in good shape and adjoining Ernie Tebb Park, duplex to be precise) is if anything slightly superior so my PM's suggestion seems fair, maybe even conservative. Happy to message you the address if you like.

4. GirlPower

GirlPower Well-Known Member

Yes you have a great size property near the dog park ! I saw someone recently paid a million dollars for a small duplex backing onto the park. Feel free to message me. Let me know which agent you are using as well I am familiar with who is more conservative or not :)

Jockosaurus likes this.
  5. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Very tight market right now, and January is boom month! Shoot for the stars!

Jockosaurus likes this.
  6. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Try for a great tenant. Be flexible on rent.

Opinion only

Jockosaurus likes this.
  7. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Wow, good rent.