Gas stove Oven - Euromaid, Chef or Westinghouse

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by larrylarry, 1st Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I also have a Euromaid FL washer and its been the best of last three. More steady on spin, better build quality, quieter, washes really well and isnt a machine with "joke" cycles that last like 14 hours for a family wash. Family of 5 we give our washer, dryer and DW a canning and defects show...None.. The Westinghouse chosen by wifey first was returned same day as it was aweful...cheap rubbish IMO. It also had a insistence on heating cold water !! We went to second choice Euromaid and save a few dollars but now dont regret it at all. We did choose the extra 3yr warranty to be sure.Glad we sent the noisy Westinghouse back.

Its claim to being built in Europe is a good laugh...Made in Turkey. Just in Europe.

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I will never use Blanco again. They are made to be replaced. Wait until a small issue like a faulty light happens. Panels etc cant be removed so they are throwaways for switches etc Oven elements burn as fast as matchsticks. The dishwashers are terrible too. Foil laminated coloured plastic bottom tray in the DW always leaks and destroys cabinets so get rid of it if you have one. For oven I got jack of replacing the $100 elements (and thats after-market !!). ONLY decent thing seems to be their gas cooktops which have decent trivets - That rust however !!

Perthguy likes this.
  3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

@Paul@PFI yep. The gas cooktop is great... as a gumtree special. I would not touch their other products though. Incidentally, I am not having trouble with the trivets on the stove. They seem ok and not rusting.

I have had trouble with a Blanco range hood. It died and was cheaper to replace than fix. Only because good guys had it on a drastic run out special. I would not buy any of their products again though.

4. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I have a Euro Maid, did not know it was ok to admit on a forum :D;)

5. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

As I previously said on an earlier thread I bought a Westinghouse Gas oven and gas hot plates for one of my IPs

The oven has been a disaster. The hinges just stretch and leave a gap so you have to get the repair person in from Westinghouse The last repair person said its because the oven bangs shut He said there was so much trouble with it that it has now been replaced
    I would never buy another Westinghouse gas oven

6. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Different brands make different models, so you can't just say everything from one brand is good, or bad, same with most brands, some do have a better success rate though.