gas plumber recommendation in NSW

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by omni99, 26th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. omni99

omni99 Member

Hi guys, I detected a whiff of gas leak in my house which settled recently. We have not moved in yet and want to make sure it is checked properly for safety before we move in. We detect a hint of it in the Kitchen/Dining, where connection to a gas heater is located.

Do you guys have recommendation for a gas plumber? Or is this something for the gas company? (energy australia) I am in the north shore area.

Is it possible to completely remove the gas heater piping without major costs? We are looking to use electric ones only for safety reasons.

2. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Starr Plumbing in Seven Hills is who I use these days

3. omni99

omni99 Member

Thanks DaveM! Is that G&J Starr Plumbing? They are in castle hill though. Can't find another Starr Plumbing matched to Seven Hills

4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Get a spray bottle and fill it with water and detergent so it's bubbly then spray it around the pipes and fittings to check for leaks.

Might be an idea to turn it off asap too

Depending on the fitting you could remove it and plug it but i wouldn't get rid of the entire line just in case you want it back again in the future

5. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Yes thats them... they moved prob havent updated website. Let them know Dave from IT support referred :)

6. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Ley them know Dave said to turn the website on and off again to fix it :D

DaveM likes this.
  7. omni99

omni99 Member

Thanks DaveM and Bob. All sorted and good thing we chased through it too because there was in fact a leak (not where the gas heater is, where connecting 'joints' at a gas pipe next to the kitchen).

bob shovel and DaveM like this.