Garage(67 m2 brick) to granny conversion Journey-2 bed-1 bath or 2-2 or 3-2

Discussion in 'Granny Flats' started by Swathi, 14th Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Swathi

Swathi Member

That's a clever idea. Thank you for suggesting. approximately how much will it cost for brick rendering. Interior and exterior for a 60 m2 garage? material+labor cost?

2. Swathi

Swathi Member

Sure, i will get in touch with a brick layer and try get a quote on how much would it cost me.

I am more inclined towards rendering with cement(if its not too expensive) as the bricks are old , they are giving old look on the exterior. May not appeal tenants.

Thank you.

3. neK

neK Well-Known Member

I thought you could add windows provided
    1. They couldn't be opened
    2. They were firerated

(Fire rated windows do exist - Fire Rated Windows | Australian Commercial Doors)

Swathi likes this.
  4. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Hey Swathi,
    We built our GF a few years go in western sydney and it was a 2bed1bath brick veneer. I demolished the garage and built it too. However, the garage was separate and touching the existing house. It was on 60sqm. It was a good layout and it was leased as soon as it was complete. Let me know if you need more info about it.

Swathi likes this.
  5. Swathi

Swathi Member

That's a good insight neK. Thank you. :)

We were told that fire rated windows are expensive.

So we figured out a way to optimize the costs by having windows on other walls excluding fire rated wall.

I will share our floor plan soon.

6. Swathi

Swathi Member

Hi,

Good to get some positive vibe on the rental side.

Our garage walls are beautifully strong. I wouldn't wish to demolish and re-built which will add upto my Cost.

The whole idea of going through granny flat path was because of our beautifully big brick garage which is being used only for car park and lots of junk items.

I would rather use the space effectively by converting it into granny flat for revenue generation and adding value to the property.

Please check your messages as i wish to know more about the location you built and other details.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia