VIC Future McKinnon School Zone

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by hvdw87, 15th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hvdw87

hvdw87 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with/knowledge of the process and timeline of amending school zones?

I am particularly interested in the second campus at McKinnon Secondary which is proposed to be built on the Virginia Park industrial site by 2022 or something.

If the school catchment is amended to now include the area between North, East Boundary, Centre and Warrigul (or maybe Mackie), then some of these old houses set on 600sqm could represent some excellent value at under $1mil.

Looking across East Boundary Road, you pay almost a $300k premium for a new duplex "in the zone".

Cheers

Trailblazer likes this.
  2. Sowrag

Sowrag New Member

Hi There,
    Were you able to get any answers to your query? im looking at buying in the same zone too.

3. hvdw87

hvdw87 Well-Known Member

No I didn't get an answer and presume this will only come out closer to the school opening, unless of course you know someone in the planning department.

There were some absolute bargains in that area earlier this year though.

4. Lori

Lori New Member

Hi there,

I spoke with McKinnon High earlier this year querying the zone and proof required etc.
    They told me that the zone would not be changing with the new campus. Basically the school is overflowing at the moment and the new campus is only planned to take the Yr 9 year level so that they can better accommodate current numbers.
    I am certain this could change at any point but the school representative seemed to be quite sure of herself.

5. kaibo

kaibo Well-Known Member

pretty hard to expand zone when so many apartments going up around the top public schools e.g.McKinnon, GWC, BHHS

6. Sowrag

Sowrag New Member

thanks for your response.
    Cheers

7. Sowrag

Sowrag New Member

thanks for your response.
    Cheers