LIC & LIT Future Generation Investment Company (FGX)

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Nodrog, 17th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

2. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: 29th Sep, 2016
  3. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

i was offered this during the AIX take-over , but took the cash ( sad to be taken-over but had a very profitable time with AIX )

i hold RCG ( at no cash risk ) , CCP (at no cash risk ) and ALQ ( i am not perfect selecting stocks )

add in the LICs i already hold
    WAX (at no cash risk ) , AOD , BKI , CAM , CDM , CIE , ( FGF a long sad story ) , IBC , OZG , WIC .

i think i prefer 'hands on '

4. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

I'm the opposite. It's hands off for me nowadays. Besides I thought someone said it can make you go blind. Maybe I'm getting mixed up with something else:confused:? If something goes wrong I can blame someone else:D.

The low fee LICs are the main game for us. FGX is only a relatively small holding in our portfolio. Rather than own a number of the high fee active and alternate LICs I just use this to cover the lot. And it comes without the high fees. All Mgrs go through good and bad times so this just spreads the risk across a number of them. I suppose it's all I'm prepared to bet on giving the highly actives and alternates the benefit of the doubt:).

A reminder of the Mgrs involved with FGX follows. A lot of big names including WAM, Watermark, Bennelong etc:

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20160912/pdf/43b3rmh5ryrs7v.pdf

5. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

i don't mind the fees as long as the ACTUALLY work for them ( not just change the maths used to calculate their bonuses ) ,

and i prefer to fine-tune as opprtunity arises ( today almost added extra CIE for example )

6. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

I must admit I haven't looked at CIE for awhile. I've tended to avoid Contango in the past. Their microcap fund CTN has been a poor performer. CTN has Picked up a bit more recently but so it should given the strong bull market in that area of the market.

Perhaps now they have Boubourus things might be on the improve.

I Will start a new thread seeing we're on the subject.

Please add your view there @twisted strategies to get the thread underway if you don't mind. No doubt you know a lot more about it than me.