Future Assist group. Property strategy

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Melv, 28th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Melv

Melv Member

Gday
    I have had a first free session with future assist.
    Has anyone used them before to find investment property?
    Appreciate any feedback

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Why did you choose to meet with them?

How do they recommend property investment - they don't seem to be real estate agents or buyers agents?

What types of property are they recommending?

How do they get paid for their property advisory services?

LuisCente likes this.
  3. Melv

Melv Member

Hi Simon,

Asked the similar questions. Below are the response

Why did you choose to meet with them? - As i was searching for buyers agent, somehow these guys came up as Property strategist. So thought no harm in listening

How do they recommend property investment - they don't seem to be real estate agents or buyers agents? ...They say they only look at new properties and make money from Vendors. For me that was an alarm bell, as I will pay that in the Purchase price.....But keen to see what other's thing.

What types of property are they recommending? Only New

How do they get paid for their property advisory services? From Vendors

They say, they are very confident that they will achieve their CG traget and yield target.

4. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Run. Away. Fast.
    Their incentive is to sell as many as possible. They get paid by the vendor. You have no individual value to them. They just want to find as many buyers as they can.

craigc and Scott No Mates like this.
  5. Simon Hampel

If this is the case, then they are NOT buyers agents - they are effectively sales agents, representing the vendors.

They do NOT have your best interest at heart - you are not paying them for advice. Their advice is not the product - YOU are the product.

My personal opinion is that these types of "property advisory" operations who package up new property sales in the guise of "expert advise" should be banned and made illegal. To be clear - it is NOT currently illegal to do this, they are doing nothing wrong from a legal perspective - but I strongly advise against using a service where there is a clear conflict of interest because they are getting paid by someone else.

A buyers agent or property "advisor" should be fully independent and work for you alone - they should never be receiving incentive or payment from the vendor.

craigc likes this.
  6. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

These are massive red flags. It means their incentive is to sell for the vendor, not to act for you the buyer. The 'education' they give you will likely be bias to their priorities. There are countless stories over decades where people have bought properties from such groups for significantly more than they're worth.

If I have to speculate, they likely also assist you with the finance and possibly conveyancing and property management?

Find a buyers agent that you pay rather than them receiving incentives from the seller. The brokers on this forum have all worked with multiple buyers agents and can recommend those with whom they've had great experiences.

7. Simon Hampel

Yes they do - and they also offer accounting advice including setting up trusts and purchasing through an SMSF.

8. Melv

Melv Member

Spot on guys, They were trying to sell me the dream in the same fashion tax / we will do a will / minimal cost to you etc.
    I am clear, I am running away from this mob.
    Cheers, thanks a lot

9. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Congrats, you just dodged a bullet !

10. Mark F

Mark F Well-Known Member

Another case where you think you are the customer but are actually the product being sold to what you thought was the vendor.

11. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

55 Team members on the website!

12. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

You’ve started in a positive note already by running away from them.