Full school fees for permanent residents?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by ATANG, 10th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Regardless of whatever nitty gritty you know you have not contradicted with my statement above.

2. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

That isn't 'nitty gritty'. What I have mentioned is a (basic) fact that you don't seem to grasp.
    You cannot renew a PR status! P = Permanent. R = Resident. The word permanent should give a clue.
    You only renew your travel facility.

Invest_noob and SStar like this.
  3. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Can you start a new thread to talk about this? It is totally unrelated to the topic.

4. S0805

S0805 Well-Known Member

@aussieB , with all do respect I am not sure what part of my explanation below is you think is misinformed. Not sure when conversation lead to loosing PR status...

5. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether the time has changed and student mix have changed as well. I came as international student with no PR (as hundreds other). Those who came with PR usually been so as their parents have had it for a long time, which is kind of the minority back then. HECS will be harder but not the end of the world.

hash_investor likes this.
  6. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

No, I wont.

It is related to the wrong information you and @S0805 have posted on this thread (that a PR expires and can be renewed/extended). Future PR's reading this thread shouldn't be mislead.

7. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

PR can stay indefinitely. Only the travel facility expire after 5 years, in which it can be extended. I.e. if after 5 years PR holder go out of the country, they need to apply for resident return visa. It does not mean you lose the PR status... just can't go back in until the travel facility is renewed

Resident Return visa (subclasses 155 and 157)

8. S0805

S0805 Well-Known Member

so did I and many I know. Now a days many people come on temporary residency and work their way towards PR and their kids will be affected by this. Now a days getting PR from student visa is quite difficult compare to old rules and you'll notice skilled migration through PR/TR is much more...

9. housechopper2

housechopper2 Well-Known Member

That link you posted is for UK residents, Australian studying in NZ pay domestic fees. They can also vote, and receive the Centrelink equivalent.