Full doc vs Low Doc for Self-Employed

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by pinot, 16th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. pinot

pinot Active Member

Hi PC,

Seeking the advice and guidance of the brain's trust here!

Bit of background:
    - We moved from MEL to SYD @ the start of 2019.
    - Currently living with the in-laws.
    - Wife is employed as PAYG employee.
    - Together, we took over my family business @ 1/1/2019 as a joint partnership (most tax effective now, will roll over to Pty Ltd soon). Business was purchased as a going-concern with good records over 10 years.
    - Have 2 IPs, looking to buy PPOR. Looking to posistion myself for future business premises purchase too.
    - Looking to purchase PPOR will approx 40% LVR, the remainder to be supplemented from existing equity (due to serviceability limit).

As the business records are only from 1/1/2019, we are having a little trouble with Full Doc Loans with the big banks (assuming a lack of sufficient documents). Would Low Doc be the best option given my scenario?

Option 1: Full Doc Loan - Ideal scenario, but auction comes up next week and turn-around time for full doc application with ANZ is about 10 working days. Not confidence inspiring going to auction, but would Option 2 and 3 be suitable backups?

Option 2: Low Doc Loan - Second best scenario, probably will have to do this during the contract settlement period (negotiated 70 days settlement).

Option 3: Purchase outright with OE. Greatest impact on equity as I won't have sufficient equity to purchase the business premises (I am pressing for a later purchase but have just signed a 3+3 lease).

Keen to get your thoughts. The gears in the brain are grinding!

2. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Yes, probably your only option
    unless you can service the debt on wife's income only.